BOH - Baker
Position Purpose: The baker is responsible for following written instructions with precise measurements to create a very specialized product.
• Measure and mix ingredients into dough according to a recipe
• Observe all safety rules and regulations including use of personal protective equipment.
• Operates and monitors mixing equipment, scales, and meters according to established standards and procedures.
• Ensure that all ingredients are set up prior to start of production to aid in efficiency of production.
• Be responsible for accurately weighing and measuring ingredients and materials (might do manual changes to ensure quality and correct and consistent weights)
• Place dough in pans, molds, or on sheets and bake in oven. Observe products while cooking and adjust controls.
• Use exact measurements and pay strict attention to timing.
• Load ingredients into mixing machine.
• Mix icings and other toppings and decorate the cookies.
• Use a variety of kitchen tools, including electric mixers, pans, rolling pins, and cutting tools.
• Stay organized and focused on work at all times.
• Check and make sure that quantities that are being produced are coherent with the order – check and store orders.
• Be innately creative and communicate your ideas to Executive Chef.
• Stay alert when handling ingredients to identify signs of spoilage or substandard quality.
• Organize your station before leaving the workplace (floor bins, grains, etc.)
• Know all safety buttons and shut offs within your work area.
• Print all orders from OUTLOOK and add to the standing order.
Minimal Essential Requirements:
• The ability to work as part of a team, and personal cleanliness.
• Very basic food handling, preparation, and cleaning skills are welcomed.
• Time management and ability to work under pressure to manage high volume of production.
• Active listening and learning skills.
• Ability to communicate and understand direction in English to ensure safety in the workplace. Ability to understand, respond, and engage with co-workers, managers, and guests in English.
• Reading and speaking comprehension skills.
• Discipline to follow set standards.
• Able to work overnight shifts.
• Ability to lift up to 50lbs.
ADA: SA Hospitality Group will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
This job description will be reviewed periodically as duties and responsibilities change with business necessity. Essential and marginal job functions are subject to modification.
Federal law prohibits the employment of unauthorized aliens. All persons hired must submit satisfactory proof of employment authorization and identity in order to complete Form I-9 within 72 hours of commencing work. Failure to do so will result in immediate termination.
- Pay Type Hourly
- 340 Royal Poinciana Way, Palm Beach, FL 33480, USA