Position Purpose: this person is responsible for overseeing overall operation of restaurant. This position requires an established restaurant professional with the ability to lead, uphold guest satisfaction and maintain the integrity of the business on full time basis based on hours of operation of the restaurant.
- Responsible for departmental logistics efficiency – monitor what works and what does not and be flexible to adjust to achieve expected outcome.
- Continually suggest new offerings for dining room guests based on demand and guest’s comments and feedback and/or current trends (suggestions for new menu options, brunch offerings, cocktails, etc.), share with your management team and present to Chef and Director of Operations to analyze, seek decision and follow up on outcome.
- Assisting and working closely with all employees – training and teaching about products and items we sell, monitoring how they speak with customers and guiding them if they need to improve.
- Responsible for all new hire training checklist completion; responsible for full training of employees – following company standards (especially barista).
- Communicating any counter or product related problems to director of operations.
- Ensure all operational tasks and procedures are adhere to by the management team and follow up on performance and driving tasks to completion.
- Be an amazing host and create memorable experiences through personalized service.
- Representing all the products and presenting them to our customers, explaining the brand and flavors using sales techniques that work.
- Creating relationships with our regular customers making sure they return.
- Communicating all companywide changes, changes in standard operating procedures, product-related facts, and any other changes to all employees.
- Assist dining room staff during service and oversee the service and flow of entire restaurant by being present on the floor during all meal periods when scheduled.
- Communicate all guest related issues or requests to the appropriate service staff and culinary team and guide them towards succession.
- Support dining room staff with any other tasks and resolve brought up issues and always communicate/consult resolution of issues with Director of Operations, VP, or ownership.
- Personalize service by leading by example - using guest’s name, building relationships with loyal guests, checking on satisfaction by being involved and touching every single table.
- Create and manage schedules directly on scheduling platform according to labor budgets considering applicable laws and regulations regarding breaks and 80/20 rule.
- Direct daily work activities of all scheduled staff and monitor efficient staffing levels in your absence under leadership of your Assistant General Manager and other managers.
- Continually review performance of all staff - address shortcomings and recognize success.
- Serve as role model and mentor by setting a positive example in all aspects of business and personnel management, develop your peers and guide them when it comes to decision making by elaborating on examples and learning from mistakes.
- Support and work closely with Assistant General Manager and other managers so as team you uphold the service and
hospitality standards in the restaurant.
- Work closely with the entire staff of Felice Restaurant to establish a group hospitality minded employees who will develop and maintain our philosophy and values.
- Understand, follow, and direct others in current safety procedures.
- Monitor and make sure quality of food and beverages is at its highest.
- Maintain control over inventories – beverage, china/glassware/silverware.
- Responsible for overall grooming of service staff.
- Monitor the neatness and attractiveness of showcase display with pastries and desserts at all times.
- Conduct or assist in completion of inventories – beverage/wine, china/glassware/silverware.
- Responsible for monitoring of florals of the entire dining room and overall decoration and aesthetics of outdoor area.
- Responsible for overall grooming of service staff and cleanliness of the FOH areas; spot checking and supporting BOH areas by working closely with chef.
- Follow an organizational structure that ensures maximized productivity and communication – overview of daily floor plan and section division, assign manager duties, follow up on side work completion, etc.
- Maintain the safety and security of all employees, guests, and company assets.
- Maximize financial performance and profit – keep the food & beverage costs down.
- Suggest promotions and bring revenue increase ideas, train staff on up selling, build guest loyalty by touching every single table, monitor schedules and actual hours worked, etc.
- Enforce federal, state, and local laws including health & labor.
- Ensure accuracy of menus, wine list, beer and house cocktail lists and POS postings.
- Personally respond to all guest requests and/or complaints in timely manner
- Find a way to actively respond to all company/operation emails whenever possible and always in professional manner (not on the floor in the view of the guests and not during the service)
- Participate and monitor Avero reports regarding the daily performance of the restaurant.
- Ensure all daily reports and invoices are sent to the office in timely manner.
- Ensure all employee communications including terminations, employee disciplinary actions, and pending HR issues or concerns are communicated urgently to HR.
- Ensure all ordering is done in timely manner – coffee, tea, paper products, air filters, office supplies, Dine Market, uniforms, and linen based on needs.
- Follow up on all needed repairs immediately by calling appropriate persons, be present and communicate outcome in detail to all involved and Avero.
- Attend all necessary meetings scheduled by Director of Operations or ownership Self-Development
It is understood that as General Manager you are responsible to maintain current knowledge of the world of restaurants when it comes to food, wine, beer, and spirits. You will be required to continually develop this knowledge on your own time and stay on top of current industry trends. Your progress in education will be evaluated on ongoing basis. Likewise, the company will assist in any way possible with any educational goals that relate to your duties as Assistant General Manager (with prior management approval).
Minimal Essential Requirements:
- The ability to work as part of a team, and personal cleanliness.
- Very basic food handling, preparation, and cleaning skills are welcomed.
- Time management and ability to work under pressure to manage high volume of production.
- Active listening and learning skills.
- Ability to communicate and understand direction in English to ensure safety in the workplace. Ability to understand, respond, and engage with co-workers, managers, and guests in English.
- Reading and speaking comprehension skills
- Discipline to follow set standards.
- Ability to lift up to 25lbs.
- Current Food Handler’s Certificate
ADA: SA Hospitality Group will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
This job description will be reviewed periodically as duties and responsibilities change with business necessity. Essential and marginal job functions are subject to modification.
I have read, fully understand, and agree to full responsibility for the duties laid out in the job description.
Federal law prohibits the employment of unauthorized aliens. All persons hired must submit satisfactory proof of employment authorization and identity in order to complete Form I-9 within 72 hours of commencing work. Failure to do so will result in immediate termination.
- Pay Type Salary
- Min Hiring Rate $100,000.00
- Max Hiring Rate $120,000.00
- 950 3rd Ave, New York, NY 10022, USA