Line Cook Aspen CO
Position Purpose: this person is responsible for prepping food and plating dishes following menu specification and chef’s direction.
- Weigh, measure, and mix ingredients according to recipes or personal judgment, using various kitchen utensils and equipment.
- Inspect food preparation and serving areas to ensure observance of safe, sanitary food-handling practices.
- Turn or stir foods to ensure even cooking.
- Season and cook food according to recipes or personal judgment and experience.
- Observe and test foods to determine if they have been cooked sufficiently, using methods such as tasting, smelling, or piercing them with utensils.
- Portion, arrange, and garnish food, and serve food to waiters or patrons.
- Substitute for or assist other cooks during emergencies or rush periods.
- Bake, roast, broil, and steam meats, fish, vegetables, and other foods.
- Wash, peel, cut, and seed fruits and vegetables to prepare them for consumption.
- Estimate expected food consumption; then requisition or purchase supplies or procure food from storage.
- Carve and trim meats such as beef, veal, ham, pork, and lamb for hot or cold service, or for sandwiches.
- Bake breads, rolls, cakes, and pastries when asked.
- Always maintain professional demeanor with all staff.
- Follow opening and closing procedures.
Minimal Essential Requirements:
- The ability to work as part of a team, and personal cleanliness, including uniform maintenance.
- Very basic food handling, preparation, and cleaning skills are welcomed.
- Time management and ability to work under pressure to manage high volume of production.
- Active listening and learning skills.
- Ability to communicate and understand direction in English to ensure safety in the workplace. Ability to understand, respond, and engage with co-workers, managers, and guests in English.
- Reading and speaking comprehension skills
- Discipline to follow set standards.
- Ability to lift up to 30lbs.
ADA: SA Hospitality Group will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
This job description will be reviewed periodically as duties and responsibilities change with business necessity. Essential and marginal job functions are subject to modification.
Federal law prohibits the employment of unauthorized aliens. All persons hired must submit satisfactory proof of employment authorization and identity in order to complete Form I-9 within 72 hours of commencing work. Failure to do so will result in immediate termination.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Min Hiring Rate $21.00
- Max Hiring Rate $25.00
- Job Start Date Wednesday, August 30, 2023
- 520 E Hyman Ave, Aspen, CO 81611, USA