FOH - Host Person
Position Purpose: This person is responsible welcoming, greeting, and seating guests and ensuring that the needs of the guests are met while they are waiting.
- Greet guests in a prompt and courteous manner with smile; seat guests ensuring a seat assignment done by management is followed.
- Promote teamwork and quality service through daily communication and coordination with other co-workers and managers.
- Answer phones and provide guests with requested information and arrange bookings.
- If asked, routinely clear and reset tables and assist with opening tasks such as making sure flower arrangements on tables are clean, door glass has no fingerprints and there are no pieces of trash or paper on the floors, etc.
- May be asked to handle guest complaints and special requests.
- If assigned to a coat check area – receive coats, umbrellas, briefcases, or bags from guests, keep organization in the coat closet, issue items to guests based on ticket with a number.
- May assist with other duties as assigned by restaurant management.
- Follow opening and closing procedures.
- Always maintain professional demeanor with all staff.
- Assist staff with any aspect of service steps to satisfy the guests such as: food delivery.
- Be accessible to all staff and guests to answer any guest and reservation related questions.
- Follow service steps based on our service and training manual and assist in communicating same to all staff who serve our guests.
Minimal Essential Requirements:
- The ability to work as part of a team, and personal cleanliness.
- Very basic food handling, preparation, and cleaning skills are welcomed.
- Ability to communicate and understand direction in English to ensure safety in the workplace. Ability to understand, respond, and engage with co-workers, managers, and guests in English.
- Time management and ability to work under pressure to manage high volume of production.
- Active listening and learning skills.
- Reading and speaking comprehension skills.
- Discipline to follow set standards.
- Ability to lift up to 25lbs.
ADA: SA Hospitality Group will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
This job description will be reviewed periodically as duties and responsibilities change with business necessity. Essential and marginal job functions are subject to modification.
Federal law prohibits the employment of unauthorized aliens. All persons hired must submit satisfactory proof of employment authorization and identity in order to complete Form I-9 within 72 hours of commencing work. Failure to do so will result in immediate termination.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Min Hiring Rate $15.00
- Max Hiring Rate $20.00
- 1000 Madison Ave, New York, NY 10075, USA