FOH - Barista
Position Purpose: the counter attendant/barista is responsible for handling the counter, greeting guests, and providing guests with requested items.
*Please note, this is for the opening of the new Lever Club (not Casa Lever).
- Greet the guests who approach the counter displays and walk into the café.
- Answer all guest questions related to product and displayed items.
- Pack and provide the guests with requested items.
- Ensure that all items are correctly rung-in on checks.
- Maintain correct pars of items in the display, carefully following the FIFO rules and discarding promptly expired or under standard items.
- Maintain appearance of counter and the display in an on-going manner throughout the hours of operation.
- Follow and complete closing counter check list prior to departure.
- Perform the cash drawer checkout after each shift (ask management for assistance if needed).
- Accurately maintain the organization and cleanliness of the counter in accordance with the Health Department standards
- Requisition all needed food items and keep the counter always stocked and restock it in the end of the shift (for example cookie tins, olive oil bottles, etc.)
- Prepare all packing products needed for wrapping of items and food products.
- Communicate any problems (lighting, cooling units, etc.) to management immediately.
- Mark food items with dates at the end of your shift.
- Clean the counter at the end of the shift (a “soft” maintenance cleaning must be done routinely as well).
Minimal Essential Requirements:
- The ability to work as part of a team, personal cleanliness, and uniform cleanliness.
- Very basic food handling, preparation, and cleaning skills are welcomed.
- Time management and ability to work under pressure to manage high volume of production.
- Ability to communicate and understand direction in English to ensure safety in the workplace. Ability to understand, respond, and engage with co-workers, managers, and guests in English.
- Active listening and learning skills.
- Reading and speaking comprehension skills
- Discipline to follow set standards.
- Ability to lift up to 25lbs.
Benefits & Perks: Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Paid Time Off, 401k, Commuter Benefits, Dining Discounts, Wellness Program
ADA: SA Hospitality Group will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
This job description will be reviewed periodically as duties and responsibilities change with business necessity. Essential and marginal job functions are subject to modification.
Federal law prohibits the employment of unauthorized aliens. All persons hired must submit satisfactory proof of employment authorization and identity in order to complete Form I-9 within 72 hours of commencing work. Failure to do so will result in immediate termination.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Min Hiring Rate $16.00
- Max Hiring Rate $16.00
- 390 Park Ave, New York, NY 10022, USA