We are proud to be part of a family-owned and operated tradition dating back to 1948, when Richard Fischer opened Suburban Motors as a single-point Oldsmobile dealership in Birmingham, MI. In April 2021, Suburban sold its dealership operations and non-dealership business operations remained under the sole direction of the Fischer family and Suburban Automotive Services was born. Suburban Automotive Services is the parent company for four distinct business verticals: Suburban Accessories, GLS North America, Competitive Vehicle Services and The Paint Shop.
GLS NA is an award-winning Tier 1 automotive supplier providing unique solutions for an amazing list of clients transforming the auto industry. With over 11 years of customer satisfaction, our company has established itself as a leading provider in vehicle management with a current portfolio of over 90,000 vehicles. Our expertise extends beyond just vehicle management as we provide support for over 1,100 shows and events. With 18 locations spanning across North America, we are equipped to serve 8 major automotive brands and counting.
Our diverse capabilities set us apart from the competition and allow us to provide a comprehensive solution. From advertising and marketing support to custom IT solutions, we've got you covered. Our garage services, event coordination, and company vehicle operations ensure seamless operations. We also offer specialty paint services and historical fleet management for those looking for something unique. Our engineering support rounds out our offerings, providing our clients with the confidence to support complex jobs. Our values are encapsulated by the acronym DRIVEN (Dedicated to service, relationship focused, versatile in our thinking, high standards for excellence and accountable (notable) for our actions).
- Multiple benefits package options that include medical, dental, vision, and disability options.
- 401K program with company match.
- Company stability with over 70 years of proudly serving the community.
- Team member values driven Recognition Program.
- Milestone Recognition Program.
- Above market paid sick and vacation at 30 days, bereavement leave, and jury duty pay.
- Diverse and inclusive work force with variety of skills and knowledge.
- Career and growth opportunities with focus on team member development.
Retrofit Technician will complete all listed repairs/corrections provided by engineering to take a vehicle from a non-saleable standpoint, to becoming safely saleable. Additional diagnostics and repairs required.
Retrofit Technician Responsibilities include:
- Basic to advanced automotive repairs.
- Remove and replace any given part at any given time.
- Use of computer for programming of all modules within a vehicle.
- Diagnosing vehicles.
- Fixing unspecified problems with vehicles.
- Handling all types of vehicle fluids.
Retrofit Technician Qualifications and Skills:
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Windows to operate time clock and job tracking.
- Must have exceptional oral and written communication skills.
- Must have exceptional time management and multi-tasking skills.
- Being a team player with a positive mentality.
- Have your own assortment of power tools to complete tasks at hand or being able to buy tools that are required.
- Knowledge and experience using special equipment (Hoist, transmission jacks, cherry picker, alignment rack, tire machines, etc.)
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds.
- Must be able to be on your feet for long periods of time.
- Able to understand how to read and use torque wrench.
- Own a cellphone to communicate with team members.
- Working with computers to diagnose vehicles.
Retrofit Technician Working Conditions and Physical Demands include:
- 45 % of the time you will be standing while working on vehicles, 30 % of the time you will be sitting while working on vehicles, 6 % of the time working in cramped or confined spaces on vehicles.
- This position is performed both inside a garage and outside so weather conditions may include extreme heat and cold.
- This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, twisting, kneeling, stooping, and crouching all day.
- Must frequently lift and/or move items up to 100 lbs.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job are close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
We are an equal opportunity employer and prohibit discrimination/harassment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
- Pay Type Hourly
- GLS North America, 7111 East 11 Mile Road, Warren, Michigan, United States of America