Entry Level Automotive Event Coordinator
We are proud to be part of a family-owned and operated tradition dating back to 1948, when Richard Fischer opened Suburban Motors as a single-point Oldsmobile dealership in Birmingham, MI. In April 2021, Suburban sold its dealership operations and non-dealership business operations remained under the sole direction of the Fischer family and Suburban Automotive Services was born. Suburban Automotive Services is the parent company for four distinct business verticals: Suburban Accessories, GLS North America, Competitive Vehicle Services and The Paint Shop.
GLS NA is an award-winning Tier 1 automotive supplier providing unique solutions for an amazing list of clients transforming the auto industry. With over 11 years of customer satisfaction, our company has established itself as a leading provider in vehicle management with a current portfolio of over 90,000 vehicles. Our expertise extends beyond just vehicle management as we provide support for over 1,100 shows and events. With 18 locations spanning across North America, we are equipped to serve 8 major automotive brands and counting.
Our diverse capabilities set us apart from the competition and allow us to provide a comprehensive solution. From advertising and marketing support to custom IT solutions, we've got you covered. Our garage services, event coordination, and company vehicle operations ensure seamless operations. We also offer specialty paint services and historical fleet management for those looking for something unique. Our engineering support rounds out our offerings, providing our clients with the confidence to support complex jobs. Our values are encapsulated by the acronym DRIVEN (Dedicated to service, relationship focused, versatile in our thinking, high standards for excellence and accountable (notable) for our actions).
- Multiple benefits package options that include medical, dental, vision, and disability options.
- 401K program with company match.
- Company stability with over 70 years of proudly serving the community.
- Team member values driven Recognition Program.
- Milestone Recognition Program.
- Above market paid sick and vacation at 30 days, bereavement leave, and jury duty pay.
- Diverse and inclusive work force with variety of skills and knowledge.
- Career and growth opportunities with focus on team member development.
As an Event Coordinator you will manage General Motors promotional vehicles in the Midwest. This is done by working in conjunction with GM’s marketing group and auctions/dealers daily to ensure vehicles are ordered, prepped, delivered, and disposed of.
Event Coordinator Responsibilities Include:
- Implementation of web-based event database
- Event organization - oversee multiple events running concurrently
- Manage and coordinate all event logistics for Motorsports events
- Manage and coordinate event logistics for regional auto shows
- Work with General Motors and Marketing Company to ensure event logistics are covered
- Event logistics include (but are not limited to) Vehicle orders, tracking vehicles as they build and ship, prep detail, communication with auction / dealer, accessory assistance. Invoice review foe payment, vehicle assignments to dealers.
- Oversee license plate distribution for Regional GM employees as well as Event Vehicles.
- Ensure all guidelines of timelines are adhered to.
- Report all vehicle repair needs to the client for approval.
- Providing vehicle assignments and having proper approval letters, forms and insurance documents prior to a vehicle being dispatched to any event.
- Adhere to Suburban Automotive Service’s DRIVEN values and align business practices to support the SAS mission and vision.
Event Coordinator Qualifications and Skills:
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Must have exceptional oral and written communication skills.
- Must be customer service oriented.
- Must have exceptional time management and multi-tasking skills.
- Must be able to multitask.
- Must be a reliable team player.
- 1-year customer service experience preferred.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office and Outlook applications preferred.
Event Coordinator Working Conditions and Physical Demands Include:
- This position will be completed while walking, standing, and sitting.
We are an equal opportunity employer and prohibit discrimination/harassment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
- Pay Type Hourly
- GLS North America, 2135 CityGate Lane,, Naperville, Illinois, United States of America