Recruiting HR Generalist
We are proud to be part of a family-owned and operated tradition dating back to 1948, when Richard Fischer opened Suburban Motors as a single-point Oldsmobile dealership in Birmingham, MI. In April 2021, Suburban sold its dealership operations and non-dealership business operations remained under the sole direction of the Fischer family and Suburban Automotive Services was born. Suburban Automotive Services is the parent company for four distinct business verticals: Suburban Accessories, GLS North America, Competitive Vehicle Services and The Paint Shop.
GLS NA is an award-winning Tier 1 automotive supplier providing unique solutions for an amazing list of clients transforming the auto industry. With over 11 years of customer satisfaction, our company has established itself as a leading provider in vehicle management with a current portfolio of over 90,000 vehicles. Our expertise extends beyond just vehicle management as we provide support for over 1,100 shows and events. With 18 locations spanning across North America, we are equipped to serve 8 major automotive brands and counting.
Our diverse capabilities set us apart from the competition and allow us to provide a comprehensive solution. From advertising and marketing support to custom IT solutions, we've got you covered. Our garage services, event coordination, and company vehicle operations ensure seamless operations. We also offer specialty paint services and historical fleet management for those looking for something unique. Our engineering support rounds out our offerings, providing our clients with the confidence to support complex jobs. Our values are encapsulated by the acronym DRIVEN (Dedicated to service, relationship focused, versatile in our thinking, high standards for excellence and accountable (notable) for our actions).
- Multiple benefits package options that include medical, dental, vision, and disability options.
- 401K program with company match.
- Company stability with over 70 years of proudly serving the community.
- Team member values driven Recognition Program.
- Milestone Recognition Program.
- Above market paid sick and vacation at 30 days, bereavement leave, and jury duty pay.
- Diverse and inclusive work force with variety of skills and knowledge.
- Career and growth opportunities with focus on team member development.
As a Recruiter/Human Resource Generalist, you will be responsible for being the lead HR voice on-site and performing a variety of Human Resources tasks such as full cycle recruiting, onboarding, and employee relations.
The salary rate for this role ranges from $65-75,000 per year based on experience.
Recruiter/Human Resource Generalist Responsibilities Include:
- Responsible for full-cycle recruiting for physical site location and companywide.
- Create, post, maintain, and update job postings.
- Participate in onsite interviews.
- Assist leadership with team member coaching, disciplinary actions, terminations, and investigations.
- Support processing of all HR paperwork and transactions in Dayforce.
- Support with unemployment claims as needed.
- Lead onsite onboarding and orientation for new hires.
- Support the offboarding of team members.
- Assist with company benefits programs such as life, health, dental, and disability insurance, pension plans, vacation, sick leave, leave of absence, and employee assistance.
- Maintain personnel files.
- Support the development and execution of company policies and processes.
- Supporting HRIS system and alignment with organization processes, including implementation, updates, troubleshooting, communications, and resolution.
- Ensure I-9 compliance by verifying appropriate documentation for all new hires.
- Build and foster positive working relationships with candidates, colleagues, and hiring managers.
- Administer/support HR department specialty projects and programs as directed.
- Maintain confidentiality and sensitivity to all HR-related matters and information.
- Ensure compliance with applicable government regulations and HR laws.
- Adhere to Suburban Automotive Service’s DRIVEN values and align business practices to support the SAS mission and vision.
Recruiter/Human Resource Generalist Qualifications and Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources or related field preferred.
- At least 3 years of related HR and Recruiting experience.
- Dayforce experience preferred.
- High School diploma/GED required.
- Must have exceptional oral and written communication skills.
- Must be customer service oriented.
- Ability to excel in a fast-paced environment.
- Must have exceptional time management and multi-tasking skills.
- Must be a self-starter.
- Must be a reliable team player.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Excel, Outlook, and Teams.
Recruiter/Human Resource Generalist Working Conditions and Physical Demands Include:
- 80% of the time your job will be completed while sitting.
- 20% of the time your job will be completed while walking or standing.
We are an equal opportunity employer and prohibit discrimination/harassment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
- Pay Type Salary
- GLS North America, 2203 Dominguez Street, Torrance, California, United States of America