Outbound Warehouse Associate
We are proud to be part of a family-owned and operated tradition dating back to 1948, when Richard Fischer opened Suburban Motors as a single-point Oldsmobile dealership in Birmingham, MI. In April 2021, Suburban sold its dealership operations and non-dealership business operations remained under the sole direction of the Fischer family and Suburban Automotive Services was born. Suburban Automotive Services is the parent company for four distinct business verticals: Suburban Accessories, GLS North America, Competitive Vehicle Services and The Paint Shop.
Suburban Accessories is the country’s largest OEM accessories distributor. We sell and deliver GM and Ford accessories to authorized dealers across the Midwest and Florida. We also distribute AC Delco, Motorcraft and Mopar parts to dealers and aftermarket independent garages. We are comprised of 5 individual ADIs (GM) and 5 individual FADs (Ford), all of which contribute to $500M in total annual sales. Our values are encapsulated by the acronym DRIVEN (Dedicated to service, relationship focused, versatile in our thinking, high standards for excellence and accountable (notable) for our actions).
Why Work for Us:
- Multiple benefits package options that include medical, dental, vision, and disability options.
- 401K program with company match.
- Company stability with over 70 years of proudly serving the community.
- Team member values driven Recognition Program.
- Milestone Recognition Program.
- Above market paid sick and vacation at 30 days, bereavement leave, and jury duty pay.
- Diverse and inclusive work force with variety of skills and knowledge.
- Career and growth opportunities with focus on team member development.
As an Outbound Warehouse Associate, you will be responsible for ensuring orders are fulfilled promptly and accurately. You will operate with a safety-first mindset to pull orders, audit parts, and place the invoice and parts in the location they will be delivered to.
The pay rate for this role starts at $18 per hour.
Outbound Warehouse Associate Responsibilities Include:
- Pick orders utilizing RF unit and/or manual pick tickets.
- Stage orders on driver delivery shelves or outbound staging bins.
- Load/unload bulk products onto driver trucks.
- Audit parts to verify the delivery location.
- Read invoices for any special notes.
- Keep products flowing efficiently and accurately through outbound process.
- Label e-commerce orders for dealer delivery.
- Label LPO (Limited Production Options)/DIO (Dealer Install Option) orders for dealer delivery.
- Conduct Cycle Counts as needed.
- Utilize restocking and forward-stocking practices.
- Participate in daily huddles and continuous improvement initiatives.
- Participate in annual physical inventory.
- Adhere to safety and quality control measures.
- Cross-train for other roles within the warehouse to maximize efficiency of the team.
- Adhere to Suburban Automotive Service’s DRIVEN values and align business practices to support the SAS mission and vision.
Outbound Warehouse Associate Qualifications and Skills:
- Ability to read, write, and speak English.
- Ability to pass the drug screen and background check.
- Consistent work history and attendance record.
- Reliable transportation.
- Basic computer skills.
- Basic math skills.
- Strong time-management skills.
- Ability to adapt and learn innovative technologies.
- Ability to perform repetitive actions for extended periods.
- Must be able to work independently and in teams.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be attentive to details.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Forklift, parts picker, and powered pallet jack experience is preferred.
Outbound Warehouse Associate Working Conditions and Physical Demands include:
- Ability to lift up to 100 lbs. occasionally.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. consistently.
- Must be okay with walking and standing for extended periods of time.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Accessories of Chicago, 16323 W.Prologis Pkwy., Lockport, Illinois, United States of America