CDL Class A Over The Road Truck Driver
We are proud to be part of a family-owned and operated tradition dating back to 1948, when Richard Fischer opened Suburban Motors as a single-point Oldsmobile dealership in Birmingham, MI. In April 2021, Suburban sold its dealership operations and non-dealership business operations remained under the sole direction of the Fischer family and Suburban Automotive Services was born. Suburban Automotive Services is the parent company for four distinct business verticals: Suburban Accessories, GLS North America, Competitive Vehicle Services and The Paint Shop.
GLS NA is an award-winning Tier 1 automotive supplier providing unique solutions for an amazing list of clients transforming the auto industry. With over 11 years of customer satisfaction, our company has established itself as a leading provider in vehicle management with a current portfolio of over 90,000 vehicles. Our expertise extends beyond just vehicle management as we provide support for over 1,100 shows and events. With 18 locations spanning across North America, we are equipped to serve 8 major automotive brands and counting.
Our diverse capabilities set us apart from the competition and allow us to provide a comprehensive solution. From advertising and marketing support to custom IT solutions, we've got you covered. Our garage services, event coordination, and company vehicle operations ensure seamless operations. We also offer specialty paint services and historical fleet management for those looking for something unique. Our engineering support rounds out our offerings, providing our clients with the confidence to support complex jobs. Our values are encapsulated by the acronym DRIVEN (Dedicated to service, relationship focused, versatile in our thinking, high standards for excellence and accountable (notable) for our actions).
- Multiple benefits package options that include medical, dental, vision, and disability options.
- 401K program with company match.
- Company stability with over 70 years of proudly serving the community.
- Team member values driven Recognition Program.
- Milestone Recognition Program.
- Above market paid sick and vacation at 30 days, bereavement leave, and jury duty pay.
- Diverse and inclusive work force with variety of skills and knowledge.
- Career and growth opportunities with focus on team member development.
OTR CDL-A Truck Driver Responsibilities Include:
- Load and unload vehicles properly.
- Transport vehicles to and from events.
- Support the event teams on site.
- Complete local and non-over the road jobs as dispatched.
- Assist with all departmental work.
- Assist with maintenance of equipment.
- Check vehicles to ensure that mechanical, safety, and emergency equipment is in good working order.
- Inspect loads to ensure that cargo is secure.
- Maintain DOT (Department of Transportation) logs of vehicle service and/or repair status, following applicable state and federal regulations.
- Adhere to Suburban Automotive Service’s DRIVEN values and align business practices to support the SAS mission and vision.
OTR CDL-A Truck Driver Qualifications and Skills:
- Must have a valid CDL Class A Driver’s License.
- Must be at least 21 years of age to drive OTR.
- Must have exceptional oral and written communication skills.
- Must have mechanical knowledge.
- Must be customer service oriented.
- Must have exceptional time management and multi-tasking skills.
- Must be a self-starter.
- Must be a reliable team player.
OTR CDL-A Truck Driver Working Conditions and Physical Demands Include:
- Willing to work outdoors and in inclement weather conditions.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs., work overhead, kneel, squat, or work from compromising positions for short periods of time.
- 50% of the time this job will be completed while sitting.
- 50% of the time this job will be completed while doing the following, standing, walking, lifting, climbing, pulling, pushing, and cramped or in confined spaces.
We are an equal opportunity employer and prohibit discrimination/harassment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
- Pay Type Hourly
- GLS North America, 34364 Goddard Rd., Romulus, Michigan, United States of America