Suburban Automotive Services is an award-winning Tier 1 automotive supplier providing unique solutions for an amazing list of clients transforming the auto industry. With over 11 years of customer satisfaction, our company has established itself as a leading provider in vehicle management with a current portfolio of over 90,000 vehicles. Our expertise extends beyond just vehicle management as we provide support for over 1,100 shows and events. With 18 locations spanning across North America, we are equipped to serve 8 major automotive brands and counting.
- Multiple benefits package options that include medical, dental, vision, and disability options.
- 401K program with company match.
- Company stability with over 70 years of proudly serving the community.
- Team member values driven Recognition Program.
- Milestone Recognition Program.
- Above market paid sick and vacation at 30 days, bereavement leave, and jury duty pay.
- Diverse and inclusive work force with variety of skills and knowledge.
- Career and growth opportunities with focus on team member development.
Porter Responsibilities Include:
- Transport vehicles to and from local lots.
- Transport disposed vehicles to auction lots.
- Install license plates on vehicles.
- Drop off and pick up dealer repairs.
- Lightly detail and gas up assigned vehicles.
- Conduct vehicle inspections on turned-in vehicles.
- Sweep the yard, and look for cars in the aisle to put in the correct location.
- Do a final inspection to make sure the vehicle is empty and clean for clients’ use.
- Adhere to Suburban Automotive Service’s DRIVEN values and align business practices to support the SAS mission and vision.
Porter Qualifications and Skills:
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Must be a self-starter.
- Must be a reliable team player.
- A keen eye for detail.
- At least 18 years of age with a High School Diploma or GED.
Porter's Working Conditions and Physical Demands Include:
- Drivers will primarily be driving or riding inside team vehicles with at least 6 members, so applicants must be okay with sitting for most of the time.
- Ability to get in and out of all sizes of vehicles.
We are an equal opportunity employer and prohibit discrimination/harassment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
- Pay Type Hourly
- GLS North America, 7111 East 11 Mile Road, Warren, Michigan, United States of America