Warehouse Associate and Parts Delivery Driver
We are proud to be part of a family-owned and operated tradition dating back to 1948, when Richard Fischer opened Suburban Motors as a single-point Oldsmobile dealership in Birmingham, MI. In April 2021, Suburban sold its dealership operations and non-dealership business operations remained under the sole direction of the Fischer family and Suburban Automotive Services was born. Suburban Automotive Services is the parent company for four distinct business verticals: Suburban Accessories, GLS North America, Competitive Vehicle Services and The Paint Shop.
Suburban Accessories is the country’s largest OEM accessories distributor. We sell and deliver GM and Ford accessories to authorized dealers across the Midwest and Florida. We also distribute AC Delco, Motorcraft and Mopar parts to dealers and aftermarket independent garages. We are comprised of 5 individual ADIs (GM) and 5 individual FADs (Ford), all of which contribute to $500M in total annual sales. Our values are encapsulated by the acronym DRIVEN (Dedicated to service, relationship focused, versatile in our thinking, high standards for excellence and accountable (notable) for our actions).
Why Work for Us:
- Multiple benefits package options that include medical, dental, vision, and disability options.
- 401K program with company match.
- Company stability with over 70 years of proudly serving the community.
- Team member values driven Recognition Program.
- Milestone Recognition Program.
- Above market paid sick and vacation at 30 days, bereavement leave, and jury duty pay.
- Diverse and inclusive work force with variety of skills and knowledge.
- Career and growth opportunities with focus on team member development.
As a Warehouse Associate and Parts Delivery Driver, you will aid and support the operations of the facility by operating as a back-up driver while conducting duties of a full-time Warehouse Associate. Most of the week, you will work in the warehouse and will be responsible for picking orders as the invoices are printed and setting parts at each route staging area. You will be a back-up driver on some days to support the drivers’ team in event of increased volume of merchandise going out to the dealerships.
The pay rate for this role starts at $18 per hour per hour based on experience.
Warehouse Associate and Parts Delivery Driver Responsibilities include:
- Accurately offload inbound vendor trucks.
- Conduct quality control upon receipt.
- Receive products against purchase orders.
- Accurately store/stock products in line with Dock to Stock expectations to support efficient picking practices.
- Rotate and re-stock based on FIFO (First In, First Out) dates and stocking levels as dictated by product type and stocking level.
- Utilize restocking and forward-stocking practices.
- Practice powered industrial equipment safety as well as general dock safety.
- Perform research bin/part variances.
- Empty trash and cardboard accumulated throughout the warehouse.
- Manage the trouble table, where the product that could not be received is placed.
- Set up returns through UPS and other freight software.
- Pick orders utilizing RF unit and/or manual pick tickets.
- Stage orders on driver delivery shelves or outbound staging bins.
- Audit parts to verify the delivery location.
- Read invoices for any special notes.
- Keep products flowing efficiently and accurately through the outbound process.
- Label e-commerce orders for dealer delivery.
- Label LPO/DIO orders for dealer delivery.
- Conduct Cycle Counts as needed.
- Cross-train for other roles within the warehouse to maximize the efficiency of the team.
- Adhere to safety and quality control measures.
- Participate in annual physical inventory.
- Participate in daily huddles and continuous improvement initiatives.
- Conduct quality control to look for defects.
- Provide accurate delivery service of ordered parts to the assigned dealerships.
- When with a customer, confirm the part and the invoice match and have the customer sign the invoices or return authorizations.
- Responsible for handling customer returns.
- Safely drive company trucks.
- Utilize defensive driving practices.
- Complete safety inspections on the truck pre-trip and post-trip.
- Fill up the gas tank daily using the company-issued purchase program.
- Communicate issues like overages, shortages, incidents, and accidents.
- Adhere to Suburban Automotive Service’s DRIVEN values and align business practices to support the SAS mission and vision. Review sales orders and pull daily orders.
Warehouse Associate and Parts Delivery Driver Qualifications and Skills:
- Ability to read, write, and speak English.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Consistent work history and attendance record.
- Reliable transportation.
- Ability to pass a road test annually.
- Ability to pass the drug test and background check.
- Ability to pass the MVR check.
- Valid Driver's License with an adequate driving record.
- DOT (Department of Transportation) Medical Card or ability to pass a DOT physical.
- A minimum of 2 years of experience driving a 16-20ft box truck.
- Basic computer skills.
- Basic math skills.
- Strong time-management skills.
- Ability to perform repetitive actions for extended periods.
- Must be able to work independently.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be attentive to details.
- Forklift, parts picker, and powered pallet jack experience is preferred.
Warehouse Associate and Parts Delivery Driver Working Conditions and Physical Demands include:
- Ability to drive safely in adverse weather conditions like rain, fog, snow, heat, and wind.
- This position is performed both inside a warehouse and outside so weather conditions may include extreme heat and cold.
- This position is continually active and requires standing, walking, bending, twisting, kneeling, stooping, crouching, and climbing all day.
- Must frequently lift and/or move items up to 100 lbs.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Accessories of Michigan, 2300 Meijer Drive, Troy, Michigan, United States of America