Customer Service Representative
We are proud to be part of a family-owned and operated tradition dating back to 1948, when Richard Fischer opened Suburban Motors as a single-point Oldsmobile dealership in Birmingham, MI. In April 2021, Suburban sold its dealership operations and non-dealership business operations remained under the sole direction of the Fischer family and Suburban Automotive Services was born. Suburban Automotive Services is the parent company for four distinct business verticals: Suburban Accessories, GLS North America, Competitive Vehicle Services and The Paint Shop.
Suburban Accessories is the country’s largest OEM accessories distributor. We sell and deliver GM and Ford accessories to authorized dealers across the Midwest and Florida. We also distribute AC Delco, Motorcraft and Mopar parts to dealers and aftermarket independent garages. We are comprised of 5 individual ADIs (GM) and 5 individual FADs (Ford), all of which contribute to $500M in total annual sales. Our values are encapsulated by the acronym DRIVEN (Dedicated to service, relationship focused, versatile in our thinking, high standards for excellence and accountable (notable) for our actions).
Why Work for Us:
- Multiple benefits package options that include medical, dental, vision, and disability options.
- 401K program with company match.
- Company stability with over 70 years of proudly serving the community.
- Team member values driven Recognition Program.
- Milestone Recognition Program.
- Above market paid sick and vacation at 30 days, bereavement leave, and jury duty pay.
- Diverse and inclusive work force with variety of skills and knowledge.
- Career and growth opportunities with focus on team member development.
As the nation's most prominent vehicle accessory distributor, we partner with several OEMs (Original Equipment Manufacturers) to help deliver vehicle personalization to the customer. This position supports customer service-oriented dealings that require you to interact with hundreds of Dealerships each week across the country to resolve support issues and ensure a best-in-class customer experience. In addition to being the best in the business regarding customer interactions, you must be confident, fully engaged, a team player, and dedicated to bringing a positive and enthusiastic outlook to work each day.
The pay rate for this role starts at $20 per hour.
Customer Service Representative Responsibilities include:
- Process sales orders, create parts invoices, and repair orders.
- Complete online customer eCommerce orders and dealer orders.
- The candidate will be trained in accessory product knowledge to become a resource for model fit, application, and installation.
- Daily office functions & clerical tasks (filing, reconciliation, invoicing, shipping, etc.)
- Utilize proper phone etiquette and effective customer service skills to support dealership customers when capturing sales orders or resolving issues.
- Create Excel tracking sheets to communicate local and regional sales promotions.
- Use analytical skills to solve problems for dealers when necessary.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Adhere to Suburban Automotive Service’s DRIVEN values and align business practices to support the SAS mission and vision.
Customer Service Representative Qualifications and Skills:
- Ability to read, write, and speak English.
- Ability to pass the drug screen and background check.
- Consistent work history and attendance record.
- Ability to multi-task with strong follow-up skills.
- Intermediate Microsoft Office skills (Excel/PowerPoint/Windows).
- High School Diploma or GED.
- 1-2 years of prior customer service experience.
- Advanced computer skills.
- Ability to perform repetitive actions for extended periods.
Customer Service Representative Working Conditions and Physical Demands include:
- Must be okay with taking 50+ calls per day.
- Must be okay with sitting for extended periods of time.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Accessories of Michigan, 2300 Meijer Drive, Troy, Michigan, United States of America