Vehicle Event Coordinator
Suburban Automotive Services is the parent company for four distinct business verticals: Suburban Accessories, GLS North America, Competitive Vehicle Services and The Paint Shop.
GLS NA is an award-winning Tier 1 automotive supplier providing unique solutions for an amazing list of clients transforming the auto industry. With over 11 years of customer satisfaction, our company has established itself as a leading provider in vehicle management with a current portfolio of over 90,000 vehicles. Our expertise extends beyond just vehicle management as we provide support for over 1,100 shows and events. With 18 locations spanning across North America, we are equipped to serve 8 major automotive brands and counting.
- Multiple benefits package options that include medical, dental, vision, and disability options.
- 401K program with company match.
- Company stability with over 70 years of proudly serving the community.
- Team member values driven Recognition Program.
- Milestone Recognition Program.
- Above market paid sick and vacation at 30 days, bereavement leave, and jury duty pay.
- Diverse and inclusive workforce with a variety of skills and knowledge.
- Career and growth opportunities with a focus on team member development.
As an Event Coordinator, you will manage General Motors' promotional vehicles in the Midwest. This is done by working in conjunction with GM’s marketing group and auctions/dealers daily to ensure vehicles are ordered, prepped, delivered, and disposed of.
The pay rate for this role starts at $17 per hour based on experience.
Event Coordinator Responsibilities Include:
- Implementation of a web-based event database
- Event organization - oversee multiple events running concurrently
- Manage and coordinate all event logistics for Motorsports events
- Manage and coordinate event logistics for regional auto shows
- Work with General Motors and Marketing Company to ensure event logistics are covered
- Event logistics include (but are not limited to) Vehicle orders, tracking vehicles as they build and ship, prep detail, communication with auction/dealer, and accessory assistance. Invoice review for payment, and vehicle assignments to dealers.
- Oversee license plate distribution for Regional GM employees as well as Event Vehicles.
- Ensure all guidelines of timelines are adhered to.
- Report all vehicle repair needs to the client for approval.
- Providing vehicle assignments and having proper approval letters, forms, and insurance documents before a vehicle is dispatched to any event.
- Adhere to Suburban Automotive Service’s DRIVEN values and align business practices to support the SAS mission and vision.
Event Coordinator Qualifications and Skills:
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Must have exceptional oral and written communication skills.
- Must be customer service oriented.
- Must have exceptional time management and multi-tasking skills.
- Must be able to multitask.
- Must be a reliable team player.
- 1-year customer service experience preferred.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office and Outlook applications preferred.
We are an equal opportunity employer and prohibit discrimination/harassment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
- Pay Type Hourly
- GLS North America, 2135 CityGate Lane,, Naperville, Illinois, United States of America