Territory Sales Manager
We are proud to be part of a family-owned and operated tradition dating back to 1948, when Richard Fischer opened Suburban Motors as a single-point Oldsmobile dealership in Birmingham, MI. In April 2021, Suburban sold its dealership operations and non-dealership business operations remained under the sole direction of the Fischer family and Suburban Automotive Services was born. Suburban Automotive Services is the parent company for four distinct business verticals: Suburban Accessories, GLS North America, Competitive Vehicle Services and The Paint Shop.
Suburban Accessories is the country’s largest OEM accessories distributor. We sell and deliver GM and Ford accessories to authorized dealers across the Midwest and Florida. We also distribute AC Delco, Motorcraft and Mopar parts to dealers and aftermarket independent garages. We are comprised of 5 individual ADIs (GM) and 5 individual FADs (Ford), all of which contribute to $500M in total annual sales. Our values are encapsulated by the acronym DRIVEN (Dedicated to service, relationship focused, versatile in our thinking, high standards for excellence and accountable (notable) for our actions).
Why Work for Us:
- Multiple benefits package options that include medical, dental, vision, and disability options.
- 401K program with company match.
- Company stability with over 70 years of proudly serving the community.
- Team member values driven Recognition Program.
- Milestone Recognition Program.
- Above market paid sick and vacation at 30 days, bereavement leave, and jury duty pay.
- Diverse and inclusive work force with variety of skills and knowledge.
- Career and growth opportunities with focus on team member development.
As a member of the Sales Team, the Territory Sales Manager (TSM) is responsible for managing the Accessory sales within their territory of assigned franchised dealerships. The TSMs are held accountable to hit their accessory objectives which are a sum of the dealership’s objectives set by the OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturer) for their territory. This position is responsible for maximizing the company’s accessory sales revenue and profit objectives by installing accessory sales processes and offering training, and point-of-sale support for their dealership customers.
Territory Sales Manager Responsibilities Include:
- Consult with assigned dealership management (General Manager & Dealer level) to implement processes that generate additional profits through the sale of OEM accessories.
- Communicate dealership monthly objectives and develop strategies to achieve targets set by the OEM.
- Travel to each dealership within the assigned territory every month.
- Take a creative approach to identifying opportunities for new sales strategies, incentives/programs, and satisfying customer needs.
- Attend weekly calls hosted by the Sales Manager and participate in collaborative discussions to provide direct feedback from the field.
- Provide consistent, clear communication with dealerships regarding objective tracking, new programs and products, and monthly territory recaps.
- Attend and host in-dealership training on products, processes, and programs to ensure dealership sales and parts staff are comfortable with product offerings.
- Collaborate with vendors on product knowledge to support training, as needed.
- Once per month, include the Sales Manager in one sales meeting, performance review meeting, dealer event, or display installation at a dealer.
- Plan and schedule performance review meetings with top volume dealers at least quarterly.
- Build strong working relationships with OEM Zone and District teams to leverage partnerships.
- Mastery of relevant SA tools implemented to support our business (Reynolds & Reynolds, NetSuite, Dayforce, Office365 [Outlook, Teams, SharePoint, Excel], GM EPIC, GM ADS/eStore, MC Distributor, FAD Reporting, Ford DSS, and other relevant technology).
- Support and participate in Suburban Accessories’ continuous improvement initiatives by providing feedback, alerting key stakeholders to issues, and being open to change.
- Assist in resolving customer service issues communicated by dealers and involving Customer Service Manager/Representatives as appropriate.
- Adhere to Suburban Automotive Service’s DRIVEN values and align business practices to support the SA mission and vision.
- Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Territory Sales Manager Qualifications and Skills:
- Ability to read, write, and speak English.
- Ability to pass the drug screen and background check.
- A bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university.
- Must have a valid driver’s license with an adequate driving record to pass company insurance guidelines.
- Must have a reliable method of transportation.
- Strong PC skills with a solid understanding of Microsoft Office products.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Disciplined and routine-oriented, yet adaptable to change.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and direction.
- Must have a favorable attendance record and be prompt and reliable.
- Previous automotive experience is preferred.
- 2–3 years of previous account management experience is preferred.
Territory Sales Manager Working Conditions and Physical Demands include:
- This position is performed in an office setting, inside dealerships, and inside warehouses within assigned territory.
- Must be available to travel within the territory with occasional overnights. Additional destinations may be out of state, to other regions, or to SA headquarters, and come up with little notice.
- This position involves site visits and travels to customers/meetings. Possession of a valid driver’s license and safe driving record is required.
- Must be able to drive for many hours at one time.
- This position requires occasional lifting and/or vehicle mechanical assembly/disassembly of accessories.
- Work requires a willingness to work a flexible schedule. May require occasional evening and/or weekend work, or to be available outside of normal working hours.
- Must reside within the market.
- Pay Type Salary
- ADW, 2981 Morse Road, Columbus, Ohio, United States of America