Machine Operator I
Sauder Manufacturing was founded in 1945 as a Church furniture Company and is a wholly owned by the parent Sauder Woodworking Co. We have a rich history in crafting solid wood into beautiful, enduring, quality furniture and today that is blended with modern technology and a strong customer focus.
Sauder Manufacturing Co. sells in four strategic markets: Healthcare Furniture for Acute Care Hospitals, Education Furniture for colleges and universities, Worship furniture for churches, synagogues, courthouses and funeral homes and finally furniture for human services markets which is a diverse network of agencies providing residential housing to many individuals. At Sauder Manufacturing, how do we do our work----new technology, new products and new ideas----changes constantly---but our values----how we treat our customers, suppliers and each other----never change
Monday - Thursday 7AM- 5PM
Friday 7AM - 11AM
Machine Operator I will set up machines with repeatable processes and run a minimal process mix.
- Machine setup and change overs
- Trouble shooting and problem solving
- Able to use basic measurement tools
- Read work orders
- Attention to fine detail/ must be detail oriented
- Regular lifting, maneuvering, and positioning of product up to 50 lbs.
- Requires full shift of standing, walking, bending and lifting
- Able to read, write and follow instructions, both written and verbal
- Able to use basic hand tools
- Able to assist in training employees
- Ensures a safe working environment by conforming to all safety guidelines including, but not limited to, wearing required personal protective equipment (PPE)
Experience and Knowledge Required:
- High school diploma or GED preferred
- Previous Manufacturing Experience preferred
Key Attributes Required:
- A self-starting, goal-oriented, customer-focused individual who takes personal accountability and acts in accordance with the Company’s Values
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk, bend and lift overhead up to 8 hours at a time. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The employee is required to work on shop floor production Personal protective equipment such as eye protection and ear protectionmay be required in the shop floor environment. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer M/F/Disabled/Veteran
- Job Family SMC-Mfg Hourly
- Pay Type Hourly
- Sauder Manufacturing Co, 239 WB Street, Chase City, Virginia, United States of America