Sauder Manufacturing Co. sells in four strategic markets: Healthcare Furniture for Acute Care Hospitals, Education Furniture for colleges and universities, Worship furniture for churches, synagogues, courthouses and funeral homes and finally furniture for human services markets which is a diverse network of agencies providing residential housing to many individuals. At Sauder Manufacturing, how do we do our work----new technology, new products and new ideas----changes constantly---but our values----how we treat our customers, suppliers and each other----never change
SCHEDULE: Monday - Friday
Position Summary: The Human Resources Generalist provides support across multiple stages of the employee life cycle with focus on recruitment and employee relations. Will serve as a trusted HR partner and advisor to departmental leaders, business unit HR functions and employee populations.
- Drive the recruiting process for hourly, office hourly, salary roles and sales rep including sourcing strategies, sourcing applicants, interview candidates, job offers and employee new hire and benefit orientation.
- Maintains data on recruitment activities, applicant flow, interviews and hires, transfers, promotions, and terminations; supports affirmative action and EEO programs in compliance with government legislation and organization’s goals.
- Maintain and enhance recruitment process and other employee life cycle areas.
- Complete HR paperwork for new hires, terminations, transfers, promotions, and employee set-up to ensure accuracy in HR database and personnel files. Manage all pre-employment paperwork and testing.
- Maintains employee files in compliance with applicable legal requirements & retention policies.
- Assists in compliance efforts to meet regulatory requirements such as EEO, AAP, OSHA, WC, Unemployment, FMLA and FLSA.
- Administering FMLA and Short-term disability.
- Counsel employees in all areas of HR and personal needs.
- Time and Attendance review.
- Assist in driving the performance review process for on time delivery of reviews and increases, for the new hires and annual performance review process.
- Assists HR Director with implementing policies and procedures involving HR for the Sauder Education Business Unit.
- Maintains and administers company related communications under council of HR Leader; Wellness and Safety Team.
- Supports the delivery of training programs at the Supervisor and Employee Level.
- Serves as back up in all other HR requirements of the department as needed.
- Disciplinary actions.
- Investigation of employee related complaints.
Key Attributes Required:
- Initiative to work across teams, and be an integral partner to Operations leaders
- Strong math skills
- Ability to work with confidential information, with the integrity to not disclose information
- Highest level of reliability and credibility
- Ability to multi-task and work with minimal supervision on complex tasks
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer M/F/Disabled/Veteran
- Job Family SMC-Salary
- Pay Type Salary
- Required Education Associate Degree
- Sauder Manufacturing Co, 201 Horton Street, Stryker, Ohio, United States of America