Senior Production Manager - Technology
POSITION: Senior Production Manager - Technology
LOCATION: Toronto, ON
REPORTING TO: Senior Manager, Technology & Events
CATEGORY: Midnight Circus
SDI Marketing delivers services designed to help solve our clients’ toughest business issues. Our unique combination of resources include: financial loyalty, sports marketing services, brand awareness, and communication strategies. SDI is recognized as one of the largest sources of integrated marketing solutions services in North America.
SDI'S EMPLOYEE VALUE PROPOSITION
For people who believe they can do the impossible, SDI offers a place to grow as a whole person. Your dream is as important as ours and together we make them all come true. It is our vision to be the agency of the future, have loads of fun and make some lifelong friends along the way.
We believe the world needs more human. We exist to release human potential, one experience at a time.
Midnight Circus is looking for a Senior Production Manager who has an interest in emerging technology and experiential marketing. You are looking for real world experience, working collaboratively with an in-house technical team and becoming well versed in both digital and hardware offerings in today’s sport and event industries. You want hands-on experience working in partnership with vendors and other agencies to execute technical activations at live events. You are a leader who operates in the world of insight, revelations, and human behaviour. You understand the impact an experience can have on the habits, attitudes, and considerations of a brand’s customer. You know the importance behind each piece of work and the job it must do to tell a story for our clients and how it will bring customers one step closer to love and affinity for their brand. You are a creative thinker, an expert in today’s human-centric world, and naturally inquisitive and curiousty.
- Liaise with Producers, Creative and Digital teams to receive briefs and understand delivery timelines, project scope and workback schedules.
- Work within tight timelines and budget parameters, and manage that reality while setting expectations with internal teams and clients.
- Ensure the Production Team has all required specs for builds with technical hardware aspects.
- Ensure all hardware and tools are required for setup of new activations or repair of existing activations are reasy to go and tested.
- Manage the Production Coordinators onsite ensuring they are properly trained to follow processes, use technology tools and checklists, and report on the state of the tech.
- Research and coordinate with the best suppliers and maintain good relations with all 3rd party vendors.
- Understand Project needs and recommend the best solutions (digital and/or hardware) to support each individual projects custom builds.
- Understand all digital and hardware components of a project, and provide all necessary planning timelines, procedures and schedules for load in/out, updates, general maintenance, emergency repairs.
- Complete cost/benefit analysis of potential solutions and give recommendations for project scope.
- Provide input to Producers and project teams on technical red flags (timelines, hardware usage/quality realities, etc) that could negatively affect the project.
- Manage tech storage including inventory, managing rentals, and repairs.
- Stay up to date with new technologies and research new vendors that have the potential to improve our services and expand our offerings.
- Always evaluate the best path forward to turn a creative idea and vision into a physical build from a technology perspective.
- Working across a variety of project and clients - assist with project management by consistently demonstrating the ability to successfully communicate and use problem solving skills when challenges arise, creating and updating workback schedules and managing all aspects of a projects execution with your team members as needed.
- Tracking project finances as required.
- Actively engage with Monday.com and other tools for project planning system to ensure smooth running of projects and adherence to critical paths and planning deadlines.
- Bachelor’s degree of college diploma (focus on technology an asset)
- Minimum 2 (two) years of technical experience
- One (1) to three (3) years of Management Experience
- Valid Drivers License and own transportation is a definite asset
- Experience working on experitial markering programs an asset
- Computer knowledge – work with Android and iOS operating systems
- Pay Type Salary
- Etobicoke, Toronto, ON, Canada