MC - Social Media Manager
POSITION: SOCIAL MEDIA MANAGER
LOCATION: Toronto, ON
REPORTING TO: Head of Digital Engagement
CATEGORY: Midnight Circus
You are an experienced, highly motivated, data-driven, passionate, curious and creative self-starter who lives and breathes everything social and digital 24/7. You are able to do a deep dive into our clients’ business and then design and present a creative and successful social media strategy at the senior level that will excite our clients, connect with their consumers and deliver the desired results every time.
As Social Media Manager, you will be responsible for managing client social media accounts as well as creating, managing and executing social media strategies, owning content calendars, and developing content on social platforms for a broad range of Midnight Circus’ experiential and sport marketing clients. You will be leading our clients’ social media programs from ideation to execution. This role works in partnership with Midnight Circus’ in-house Digital Engagement team, Creative Studio and our SDI Sports team.
- Full ownership of client social media marketing from plan to production including: brief development, ideation, channel recommendations, creative development, planning, implementation and management;
- Develop regional and/or national social media strategy, assets, content calendars and social media messages to complement our clients’ marketing goals and objectives;
- Manage all copywriting & content development – write high-impact headlines, taglines, product descriptions, promotional copy, etc. to execute social marketing campaigns and/or promotions/contests – with the common goal of maintaining client brand voice and integrity in all communications;
- Assist with the execution of all online/digital campaigns – including supporting client website, web banners, online content and other online digital media channels – make recommendations based on trends and social metrics;
- Become an advocate of Midnight Circus’ clients among various social communication channels, engaging their followers/consumers in positive, respectful and informative dialogues and answering questions;
- Provide key reporting and tracking metrics, analytics and insights and use that information to identify new opportunities and key trends;
- Be the subject matter expert on all North American trends in social media marketing
- Collaborate with the in-house Creative Studio to develop engaging content pieces for all social media platforms;
- Collaborate with the Experiential team and participate, when needed, in high profile client pitch presentations to engage the client in the social media campaign;
- Manage pre-set budgets related to client spend on social media campaigns;
- Follow all Company Policies & Procedures and uphold SDI’s corporate vision and core values.
- A true social media advocate and user with a strong online presence and a believer in internet media – where it is today and where it is going;
- An online research guru with exceptional, story-telling writing skills and a refined ability to produce editorial and technical writing content at a fast pace;
- Exceptional copywriting and presentation skills to express ideas clearly and bring them to life for both internal teams and at client meetings;
- Advanced knowledge and understanding of all relevant social media platforms and their respective audiences/demographics and how each platform can be leveraged/deployed to achieve client goals/objectives;
- High proficiency in Microsoft Office products; applied knowledge of web protocols (HTML 4 or 5; CSS)
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Adobe Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop, Dreamweaver – with proven experience in designing for social media and other digital mediums;
- Strong knowledge of SEO and of the technicalities associated with the back end of social media channel presence;
- The innate ability to jump from the creative side of marketing to the analytical side to demonstrate why ideas are analytically sound;
- Possess personal qualities of integrity, credibility and commitment to corporate vision
- Excellent planning, organizational, verbal and written communications skills
- Flexible and able to multitask; can work with an ambiguous, fast-moving environment
- Goal oriented, task driven and motivated by achieving/exceeding client expectations.
- A passion for sports is an asset
- Bachelor’s degree or diploma in advertising, marketing, PR, communications or related field;
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a similar Social Media role (agency experience preferred) – with a proven track record of delivering compelling content and a significant increase in traffic, awareness and sales for a variety of clients in different business sectors;
- Minimum 5 years of strong operational and project management experience with a strong ability to collaborate effectively with various teams/stakeholders to ensure an efficient and successful campaign.
- Graphics, web development and/or any additional training/certification in Social Media an asset
We encourage applications from traditionally underrepresented groups in our field (women, visible minorities, Indigenous peoples, people identifying as LGBTQ2SI) as we view diversity of thought and of experience as a core strength of our business. SDI Marketing delivers services designed to help solve our clients’ toughest business issues. Our unique combination of resources include: financial loyalty, sports marketing services, brand awareness, and communication strategies. Midnight Circus is part of the SDI Marketing enterprise family. SDI Marketing is recognized as one of the largest sources of integrated marketing solutions services in North America. SDI Mktg is proud to be an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and is committed to providing an accessible recruitment process. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
- Pay Type Salary
- Toronto, ON, Canada