SDI Marketing delivers services designed to help solve our clients’ toughest business issues. Our unique combination of resources include: sports marketing services, brand awareness, loyalty programs, and communication strategies. SDI is recognized as one of the largest sources of integrated marketing solutions services in North America.
You have a high sense of ownership, responsibility and are a whiz with numbers. You are a strategic-thinker who is solution-oriented and flexible with a strong sense of urgency and confidentiality. You are impeccably organized and detail oriented, which allows you to multi-task with ease. You have a passion for accounting and payroll and are highly effective at completing all tasks accurately and efficiently to ensure deadlines are met within a fast-paced environment. You have 2-3 years of related experience and are currently working towards PCP certification.
Reporting to the VP, Finance, the Payroll Specialist will be responsible for working within a variety of payroll and accounting fields to efficiently process semi-monthly Canadian & USA payroll, compile accurate information, and help facilitate financial reporting to fulfill internal, external and regulatory reporting requirements.
- Providing information and answering employee questions about payroll related matters
- Managing electronic timekeeping systems or manually collecting and reviewing timesheets
- Calculating payable hours, commissions, bonuses, tax withholdings, and deductions.
- Coordinating with the Business Units teams and HR department to ensure correct employee data
- Assist with biweekly payroll including preparing and processing end-to-end bi-weekly payroll for all stores/branches/corporate office as assigned; calculate changes, balance and post-verify payroll
- Maintain strict adherence to payroll processes to ensure ongoing certification of internal controls including but not limited to preparation and distribution of key reports for approval, exercising diligence around approvals etc.
- Keeps abreast of current government legislation
- Participate in the year end reconcilaitions
- Prepare year-end employee tax slips or forms, and submitting government filings to meet deadlines
- Communicate with employees on a timely basis regarding any items which may impact their pay
- Prepare and maintain standard and ad hoc reports, queries, and conduct appropriate audits to ensure data integrity
- Providing administrative assistance to the accounting department
- Minimum 2 years’ direct experience/expertise using Ceridian Dayforce Payroll system
- Working knowledge of EasyPay is a definite asset
- Analytical and process-improvement mindset
- Knowledge of current legislative requirements and CRA regulations
- Excellent computer skills including intermediate/advanced proficiency in Excel (including v-lookups and pivot tables)
- Superior client service skills (both verbal and written) and strong active listening skills
- Excellent problem solving skills, logical and innovative thinker
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively with others in a team environment
- Strong multi-tasking and time-management skills to meet deadlines in a fast paced environment
- Exceptional problem solving/judgement skills, and high level of attention to detail and accuracy
- Flexibility of hours to accommodate business needs (i.e. month end, year end, etc.)
- Bachelor’s degree or working towards diploma in Payroll, Accounting, business or other related field
- Minimum of 2-3 years of progressively responsible payroll administration experience (North American experience a definite asset)
- Intermediate to advanced Excel skills
- Experience with Ceridian Dayforce payroll systems is a must
- Experience with implementation projects
- PCP Certification
- Exposure to Web ROE required
- Pay Type Salary
- Etobicoke, Toronto, ON, Canada