XM Senior Producer (Account Director)
POSITION: XM Senior Producer (Account Director)
LOCATION: Toronto, ON
REPORTING TO: Account Director
CATEGORY: Delivery – Midnight Circus
You are a proactive event producing guru with expertise in experiential, live experience and logistics who possesses a thorough understanding of event management, logistics, marketing, supporting digital workstreams, branding business & culture across a variety of industries. You are imaginative in bringing together a team to make an event sing, ensuring no detail or logistical point is ignored or overlooked, and you have experience at devising bold strategies, new product & brand concepts, innovative solutions and creative work. You are a determined individual who excels at building relationships and working in a team environment. Excellent leadership skills allow you to communicate effectively to your project team in order to achieve set goals and deadlines.
In conjunction with the Group Account Director (GAD), the Senior Producer within the Delivery team is the lead face of Midnight Circus on a client basis, instilling a sense of trust and confidence in our clients that their projects will be delivered flawlessly. As a Senior Producer you are the quarterback of the project team. Your purpose is to oversee a group of projects for a specific client or group of clients from initial briefing to completion; ensuring profitability, project success, and creative integrity is upheld to the highest level. This means scoping the brief, and working with the Group Account Director, Development Team, Executive Producer, and Supervising Producer to allocate the necessary resources & budget, and to ensure the best delivery options, suppliers, and solutions are included within the development and program delivery process.
You own the project budget and critical path, ensuring projected margin is achieved on a project and client basis, and projects are tracking for on time completion. The Senior Producer will supervise the project team to ensure all work is completed on time and on budget.
Reporting to the Executive Producer and Vice President Delivery, the Senior Producer is flexible and adaptable. Senior Producers should be able to build strong and durable relationships with both colleagues, clients, and suppliers.
Event Management & Production (Live and Digital)
- Responsible for overall management and delivery of assigned projects and clients;
- Identify and analyze project’s potential risks and ensure to minimize and control said risks;
- Identify internal and external resources required for project completion, and liaise with Executive Producer, Supervising Producer, and Studio Manager to ensure suitable resources are assigned;
- Communicate to Executive Producer any risks that threaten a projects delivery or profitability;
- Collaborate with development team to help find and recommend new and innovative solutions that can be utilized to bring an idea to fruition;
- Ensure the artistic and creative integrity of development team concept is held strongly throughout the delivery & production process;
- Own & approve the final project critical path;
- Own & approve the coordination of all logistics, including but not limited to: scheduling; storage; program vehicles; travel; payroll, vendors; etc.;
- Hold in field executional responsibility for flawless execution of variety of projects as assigned;
- Liaise with all internal key stakeholders on an ongoing basis to ensure an excellent product that meets and/or exceeds the needs for corporate responsibility, risk management, legal affairs, procurement, etc.;
- Approve all event related paperwork and ensure team policies, procedures and workflows are being met;
- Responsible for completed client project wrap up report delivered to GAD;
Financial Management & Administration
- Develop initial top line budgets during briefing stage and brief GAD, Executive Producer, VP, and lead from development team of financial realities;
- Complete preparation of final project budgets ensuring all rates and MSA parameters are met, and profitability (Margin) meets required targets;
- Achieve approval from Group Account Director, Executive Producer and Vice President (when needed) of overall project budgets before presenting to the client;
- Prepare client facing project budget estimates and provide to GAD;
- Setup projects in Salesforce and ensure resources and financial information is accurately entered;
- Ensure critical path is accurate;
- Ongoing tracking of project progress and time allocation in Salesforce to ensure adherence to estimates and budget;
- Informing GAD, Executive Producer, and VP of any red flags pertaining to finance that will impact projected project profitability;
- In support of GAD ensure project financials in Salesforce are accurate, and invoicing schedule meets the needs of the project;
- Forecast large project financial outlays and inform SDI finance well in advance;
- Constant detailed project management to ensure all budgets and timelines are adhered to;
- Finalize and approve final agreement with suppliers for project delivery;
- Manage all assigned program budgets from development, compliance, planning & execution as well as post execution budget reconciliation;
Team Management & Leadership
- Lead the project specific team in delivery of all projects;
- Provide effective supervision, coaching and feedback to the internal project team: Associate Producers, Assistant Producers, & Co-Op/Interns - on a regular basis, ensuring program expectations are being met at all times;
- Working cross functionally to ensure compliance and awareness of key client policies, procedures and mandates while, at the same time, ensuring that activities and job functions carried out by project team members are successful;
- Attend and participate in all required team meetings. Lead brainstorming sessions, as assigned;
- Meet with the GAD, Executive Producer & VP regularly to discuss project progress;
- Meet with the Executive Producer regularly to discuss and plan individual performance and development;
- Support Executive Producer and Supervising Producer in the implementation of workflows, policies and procedures of the delivery team;
Business Development & Client Relations
- Maintain current business through flawless execution in accordance with the needs of your client and GAD;
- Act as leading support to GAD in all client meetings when needed;
- Support with winning pitches and business development opportunities;
- Act as a “consultant” to any business channel (existing and new) on the development and potential success of proposed events and promotions by drawing on insights based on past experiences;
- Provide ideation and strategic insight into new client pitches, including developing models that showcase SDI innovative approach;
- Collaborate with clients to implement program changes and effectively communicate those changes to the account team;
- Continuously provide thorough knowledge, insight and communication to the client(s) to ensure all facets are being covered and objectives and expectations are being met;
- Work well with and demonstrate respect for colleagues at all levels of the Company to consistently contribute to a positive work environment and culture;
- Follow all Company Policies & Procedures and uphold Midnight Circus corporate vision and core values;
- Possess personal qualities of integrity, credibility and commitment to corporate vision
- Excellent planning, organizational, verbal and written communications skills
- Flexible and able to multitask; can work with an ambiguous, fast-moving environment
- Familiarity with Digital project workflow to support or augment live activations (ex. supporting apps, websites, or technology driven experiences)
- Goal oriented, task driven
- Excellent managerial, leadership, client service, analytical, problem solving and mentorship skills
- Excellent communication skills – from client emails to deck development and everything in between;
- Strong budget, critical path management and Salesforce skills
- Proficient computer skills in Salesforce & Microsoft Office.
- Strong working knowledge of tour logistics and high production builds.
- Post-Secondary degree or diploma with a focus in business and/or marketing, or equivalent
- 7-10 years’ Industry experience (Account Management in an agency setting, major event production experience or similar)
- 5+ years as an associate producer
- 2+ years at producer level
- 3-5 years’ experience leading project management/delivery teams
- Vehicle/Valid Driver’s License (Must be able to provide proof/ Driver’s Abstract Report if requested)
- Smart Serve (or provincial equivalent) for all alcohol related projects
- Valid passport for national &/or international travel, as required.
- Flexible work schedule – must be available evenings & weekends.
- Bilingual English/French a definite asset
Midnight Circus is committed to equity in its policies, practices, and programs, supports diversity in its teaching, learning and work environments, and ensures that applications for members of underrepresented groups are sincerely considered under its employment equity policy. All qualified individuals who would contribute to the further diversification of the SDI community are encouraged to apply.
Midnight Circus is proud to be an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and is committed to providing an accessible recruitment process. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
- Pay Type Salary
- Toronto, ON, Canada