Sports - Associate Producer
POSITION: Associate Producer (Contract)
LOCATION: Hybrid / Toronto
REPORTING TO: Supervising Producer
CATEGORY: SDI Sports
You are a proactive event producing expert with expertise in sports, experiential, live experience, and logistics who possesses a thorough understanding of event management, logistics, marketing, branding, business & culture across a variety of industries. You have a passion for sport, and you live it every day. You have a good understanding of the sports marketing landscape in Canada. You are imaginative in bringing together a team to make an event sing, ensuring no detail or logistical point is ignored or overlooked, and you have experience at devising bold strategies, new product & brand concepts, innovative solutions, and creative work. You are a determined individual who excels at building relationships and working in a team environment. Excellent leadership skills allow you to communicate effectively to your project team to achieve set goals and deadlines.
The Associate Producer is responsible for the day-to-day management of one or several projects across a variety of clients as assigned by the Producer. Working under a Producer or Senior Producer on a project basis the Associate Producer ensures follow up from design to operation to wrap up phases of a project.
The position will support strategic initiatives & program build while working collaboratively with Group Account Directors, Producers, and Assistant Producers, with the will to relentlessly provide flawless program execution(s) with the support of the Assistant Producers; and enthusiastically embrace the coaching and mentoring of the Producer and Group Account Director.
- Hold a supporting client relationship alongside the Sr. Producer/Producer, attending client meetings as needed and acting as a liaison between Producers & Assistant Producers, ensuring all generated feedback is being clearly communicated and expectations are being met
- Support in the management of the assigned account financials, ensuring that the budget is accurately tracked at all times
- Actively manage project planning system to ensure smooth running of projects and adherence to critical paths and planning deadlines
- Oversee the management of a team of Field Representatives/Brand Ambassadors and commit to being onsite for activation execution
- Provide effective supervision, coaching and feedback to the internal project team: Co-Op/Intern & Assistant Producers - on a regular basis, ensuring program expectations are being met at all times
- Lead project management activity by consistently demonstrating the ability to successfully communicate with the Producers & Group Account Directors and use problem solving skills when challenges arise
- Proactively thinking and managing the process of planning, developing and executing the program(s), while ensuring all targets are being met
- Oversee and provide support as required, to the coordination of all logistics, including but not limited to: scheduling; storage; program vehicles; travel; payroll, vendors; etc.
- Negotiate agreements with suppliers on a project basis
- Conduct market research as necessary to ensure knowledge and understanding of client’s product/service and determine targeted demographics
- Support in the preparation of project wrap up reports
- Manage all project archive needs of related files and content not produced by the development team (such as onsite photos, data, etc.)
- Finalize and own all project specific paperwork required for all phases of the project
- Supervise activities related to the project through regular follow-up of the quality of operations contributed from different resources, subcontractors, and suppliers
- In accordance to the HR/Recruitment policies & procedures, oversee and assist when required with the recruitment, onboarding and training of Field Representatives/Brand Ambassadors nationally – including but not limited to: job postings, resume screening, interviewing, reference checks, and verbal offers of employment
- On a project basis own the development and implementation of training documents and ensure Field Representatives/Brand Ambassadors are fully proficient and knowledgeable in program execution
- Oversee and provide support to the Assistant Producers, as required, to the submission and tracking of the Field Representative/Brand Ambassador payroll and expenses in accordance to the Finance/Payroll policies & procedures
- Attend and participate in all required team meetings. Participate brainstorming sessions, as assigned
- Meet with the Producer regularly to discuss program(s) and individual performance and development
- Network, develop relationships and trust among internal & external clients
- Work well with and demonstrate respect for colleagues at all levels of the Company to consistently contribute to a positive work environment and culture
- Follow all Company Policies & Procedures and uphold Midnight Circus’ corporate vision and core values
- Positive can-do attitude
- Strong knowledge of the sports marketing landscape in Canada
- Knowledge of the sports betting landscape in North America, preferred
- Excellent client management and leadership skills
- Ability to motivate, encourage, mentor, and develop an account team of Assistant Producers, Interns, and Field Representatives
- Strong budget and critical path management skills
- Strong events and activations experience/skills
- Strong project management skills with the ability to work accurately under tight deadlines and manage multiple projects/deadlines simultaneously
- Strong problem-solving skills & the ability to adapt/ think quickly on your feet
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Detail-oriented & results driven
- Works well independently and within a team - always contributing to a positive work environment
- Highly proficient computer skills in Excel, PowerPoint, Word, and Outlook; knowledge of Salesforce & Mavenlink would be a definite asset
- Ability to contribute to the creative efforts & “out of box thinking”
- Post-Secondary degree or diploma with a focus in business and/or marketing, or equivalent
- 3-6 years’ experiential marketing agency experience as an Account Supervisor (or equivalent level)
- 3-6 years’ event production experience
- 3-6 years’ directly and effectively managing team members
- Vehicle/Valid Driver’s License (Must be able to provide proof/ Driver’s Abstract Report if requested)
- Flexible work schedule – may be required to support on some evenings & weekends
SDI mktg is committed to equity in its policies, practices, and programs, supports diversity in its teaching, learning and work environments, and ensures that applications for members of underrepresented groups are sincerely considered under its employment equity policy. All qualified individuals who would contribute to the further diversification of the SDI community are encouraged to apply.
SDI mktg is proud to be an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and is committed to providing an accessible recruitment process. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
For Canadian Applicants: We thank all those who submit applications; however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, recruitment agencies or email inquiries, please. SDI Mktg is proud to be an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and is committed to providing an accessible recruitment process. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. For U.S.A Applicants: SDI Marketing has a long-standing commitment to equal employment opportunity for all associates and applicants for employment. Employment decisions including, but not limited to, those such as associate selection, performance evaluation, administration of benefits, working conditions, associate programs, transfers, position changes, training, disciplinary action, compensation, and separations are made without regard to reace, color, religion (including religious dress and grooming), creed, national origin, nationality, citizenship status, domestic partnership status, ancestry, gender, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, civil union status, family status, age, mental or physical disability (including AIDS or HIV-related status), atypical heredity cellular or blood trait of an individual, genetic information or refusal to submit to a genetic test or make available the results of a genetic test, military status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
- Pay Type Salary
- Toronto, ON, Canada