Director of Ethics & Compliance - San Diego Zoo Wildlife Alliance
San Diego Zoo Wildlife Alliance is a nonprofit international conservation leader, committed to inspiring a passion for nature and creating a world where all life thrives. Empowering people from around the globe to support our mission to conserve wildlife through innovation and partnerships, we support cutting-edge conservation, and bring the stories of our work back to our two world-famous front doors — the San Diego Zoo and San Diego Zoo Safari Park — giving millions of guests, in person and virtually, the opportunity to experience conservation in action. The deep and extensive knowledge gained from more than a century of experience in wildlife care, health, veterinary services, nutrition and conservation makes us invaluable in the global effort to save species. Our team members play a crucial role in driving our conservation efforts forward and bringing us closer to a world where all life thrives.
HOW YOU WILL IMPACT OUR MISSION
The Director of Ethics & Compliance directs activities to ensure compliance with ethical and regulatory standards. The Director of Ethics & Compliance reports to the Chief Legal Officer.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Direct and manage compliance and ethics program, ensuring relevant policies, protocols, and communication is in place to ensure effective second line of defense and compliance with ethical and regulatory standards.
- Direct and manage the Ethics Hotline and Code of Conduct, conduct internal investigations, and prepare reports as required to executive team and Board committees.
- Direct and manage anti-fraud program.
- Conduct periodic compliance reviews and audits and communicate results.
- Maintain documentation of compliance activities.
- Prepare and present on compliance issues to various internal and external stakeholders.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- 7 years’ experience in a leadership role in compliance and/or ethics.
- Must have experience overseeing a compliance program.
EDUCATION AND CERTIFICATIONS
- Degree in business or related field required.
- MBA or JD preferred.
- CCEP Certifcation desirable.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Strong working knowledge of compliance programs and best practices.
- Strong working knowledge of ethics programs and hotline administration.
- Working knowledge of anti-fraud programs
- Demonstrated ability to handle highly complex situations with a high level of tact and diplomacy.
- Knowledge of compliance issues relevant to a nonprofit or zoological setting.
- Able to communicate effectively, verbally and in writing, on a variety of highly complex and sensitive topics.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume.
SOME OF THE PERKS YOU WILL ENJOY AS A TEAM MEMBER
- Free admission to the San Diego Zoo and the San Diego Zoo Safari Park
- Family Passes
- Complimentary Tickets
- Local and In-House Discounts
- Employee Assistance Program
- Wellness Program
- Location: San Diego, CA
- Position Type: Salaried Non-Exempt Position
- Salary Range: $126,200 to $139,580
Be an ally for wildlife by joining our team!
At San Diego Zoo Wildlife Alliance, we thrive on celebrating our differences. Diversity is vital for the benefit of our team members, our guests, our community, and our wildlife.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application, please email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org and provide the job title and location to which you are applying.
As a Federal Contractor, San Diego Zoo Wildlife Alliance is required to participate in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work in the United States.
San Diego Zoo Wildlife Alliance is a drug free workplace.
- 2920 Zoo Dr, San Diego, CA 92101, USA