Horticulture Project Coordinator - San Diego Zoo Safari Park
San Diego Zoo Wildlife Alliance is a nonprofit international conservation leader, committed to inspiring a passion for nature and creating a world where all life thrives. Empowering people from around the globe to support our mission to conserve wildlife through innovation and partnerships, we support cutting-edge conservation, and bring the stories of our work back to our two world-famous front doors — the San Diego Zoo and San Diego Zoo Safari Park — giving millions of guests, in person and virtually, the opportunity to experience conservation in action. The deep and extensive knowledge gained from more than a century of experience in wildlife care, health, veterinary services, nutrition and conservation makes us invaluable in the global effort to save species. Our team members play a crucial role in driving our conservation efforts forward and bringing us closer to a world where all life thrives.
HOW YOU WILL IMPACT OUR MISSION
The Horticulture Project Coordinator assists the Horticulture Team with coordinating resources, equipment, meetings and information for all projects and operations. This position organizes and supports projects to ensure successful and timely completion. This position reports to the Director of Horticulture.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Maintain and monitor project plans, project schedules, expenditures, compliance documentation.
- Organize, attend and participate in vendor and stakeholder meetings and ensure open lines of communication at all times, including documenting and following up on action items.
- Prepare necessary documentation for project presentations and meetings.
- Provide administrative support.
- Responsible for contract negotiation and administration.
- Coordinate with botanic garden volunteers and provide botanic accession support.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- One to two years experience in landscape or construction industry operations required
EDUCATION AND CERTIFICATIONS
- Bachelor's Degree in business or related field of study preferred.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Knowledge of contract administration and negotiating.
- High-level understanding of construction techniques.
- Understanding of construction documentation including RFPs (Request for Proposals), RFIs (Request for Information), Submittal Logs, Payment Schedules and Change Order forms, control sheets.
- Demonstrated ability to provide excellent, proactive stakeholder communication.
- Ability to effectively manage and triage many competing priorities simultaneously.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs including Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.
- Management of more sophisticated project control software intended to become the single source of project status and information.
SOME OF THE PERKS YOU WILL ENJOY AS A TEAM MEMBER
- Free admission to the San Diego Zoo and the San Diego Zoo Safari Park
- Family Passes
- Complimentary Tickets
- Local and In-House Discounts
- Employee Assistance Program
- Wellness Program
- Location: Escondido, CA
- Position Type: Hourly Full -Time Non-Exempt Position
- Hourly Range: $28.32 - $31.32
Be an ally for wildlife by joining our team!
At San Diego Zoo Wildlife Alliance, we thrive on celebrating our differences. Diversity is vital for the benefit of our team members, our guests, our community, and our wildlife.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application, please email your request to email@example.com and provide the job title and location to which you are applying.
As a Federal Contractor, San Diego Zoo Wildlife Alliance is required to participate in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work in the United States.
San Diego Zoo Wildlife Alliance is a drug free workplace.
- 15500 San Pasqual Valley Rd, Escondido, CA 92027, USA