Construction Project Management Intern
Job Title: Construction Project ManagementIntern
Location: Seattle, WA with remote option, with travel to job sites
The Construction Project Management Intern with the Sealaska Constructors team gets an inside look at what it is like to work in construction management. If you are pursuing a degree in Construction Management, Engineering, or architectural field, have excellent leadership skills, and are eager to create a safe and highly productive workplace, we want to hear from you. You will work alongside professionals in project management on a range of projects from heavy civil engineering construction to building construction to renovation. Through this internship, you will gain experience and understanding in various aspects of federal contracting on a wide variety of design and construction projects.
This internship can be based in a remote or telecommuting location, where you will primarily collaborate with construction team members located in Seattle, WA. There will be the opportunity to travel to active construction project sites throughout the duration of the summer.
- Apply project and construction management best practices.
- Work alongside project managers on federal contracting in the construction sector.
- Support the construction group in project estimating, planning, as-built drawings, scheduling, and documentation.
- We will provide the training and guidance necessary to successfully complete assigned tasks, and you will be up close and personal with the process.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Familiar with Microsoft Office software applications, including Excel and Word
- Able to both collaborate with a team and work independently
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Must be a Sealaska shareholder, descendant of a shareholder, or spouse of a shareholder
- Ability to travel as needed
Education and Experience:
- Must be age 18 at time of hire
- Must be currently enrolled in post-secondary school/program or a recent graduate (1-2 years)
- Legally authorized to work in the United States
- Major/minor in Civil or Mechanical Engineering or Construction Management
- At least a 2.5 GPA
- Strong critical thinking and research skills
- Self-starter with ability to adapt to a fast-paced work environment
- Complete online application at Sealaska.com/careers by January 22, 2024.
- Submit a resume and recent transcript (unofficial) with online application.
- You may be asked to provide proof of your status as a Sealaska shareholder, shareholder descendant, or shareholder spouse.
- You must successfully complete a background check prior to onboarding at Sealaska.
About Sealaska Intern Program
The Sealaska intern program exists to uplift Sealaska shareholders and their descendants pursuing post-secondary education with meaningful career experience, learning opportunities, and a supportive community. Interns explore career interests, grow professional skills, and connect with the unique and vibrant cultures of the Tlingit, Haida, and Tsimshian people. You will spend the summer with peers who share an Alaska Native heritage, learning from each other and building a community as you venture into your careers. Learn more at sealaska.com/careers/summer-internships.
Working Conditions and Physical Demands:
The physical and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to perform computer-based tasks and processing for up to 8 hours, including sitting or standing, mousing, interacting with information on a computer monitor.
- Must be able to lift and carry or otherwise move 25 pounds regularly.
- Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Bending or standing as necessary.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee will primarily work in an office setting. The noise level in the work environment is usually minimal.
This description is not intended to be, nor should it be construed as an all-inclusive list of responsibilities, skills or working conditions associated with the position. It is intended to accurately reflect the activities and requirements of the position, but duties may be added, deleted, or modified, as necessary. This description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Employment Indicator Internship
- Min Hiring Rate $22.00
- Max Hiring Rate $22.00
- Travel Required Yes
- Sealaska Constructors, LLC, 1200 6th Ave., Seattle, Washington, United States of America