Fixed Income Investment Intern
Job Title: Fixed Income Investment Intern
Location: Anchorage, AK
Spend the summer in Anchorage with one of Sealaska’s investment partners – Alaska Permanent Capital Management (APCM). They are looking for a Fixed Income Investment Intern to gain exposure to real-world investment management with a focus on Fixed Income securities. Join their team at their Anchorage office to provide support for day-to-day activities. You will also track corporate earnings results as they are reported, record corporate credit trade entries, improve the formatting of their Macro Economics data packet, and review client presentation slides. If you are interested in applying your classes in economics, statistics, or finance this summer, apply to intern with APCM! There is no prior training or investment experience required for this learning opportunity and internship.
This internship will take place in-person at APCM’s office in Anchorage, AK.
- Receive training for specialized fixed income knowledge necessary for each project
- Track corporate earnings results
- Work on reviewing and improving client presentations
- Review and improve the formatting of Macro Economics data packet
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Familiarity with Excel
- Able to both collaborate with a team and work independently
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Must be a Sealaska shareholder, descendant of a shareholder, or spouse of a shareholder
- Ability to travel as needed
Education and Experience:
- Must be age 18 at time of hire
- Must be currently enrolled in post-secondary school/program or a recent graduate (1-2 years)
- Legally authorized to work in the United States
- Business, Investments, or Math focus preferred (Economics, Accounting, Finance, Statistics or Math coursework)
- At least a 2.5 GPA
- Strong critical thinking and research skills
- Self-starter with ability to adapt to a fast-paced work environment
- Complete online application at Sealaska.com/careers by January 22, 2024.
- Submit a resume and recent transcript (unofficial) with online application.
- You may be asked to provide proof of your status as a Sealaska shareholder, shareholder descendant, or shareholder spouse.
- You must successfully complete a background check prior to onboarding at Sealaska.
About Sealaska Intern Program
The Sealaska intern program exists to uplift Sealaska shareholders and their descendants pursuing post-secondary education with meaningful career experience, learning opportunities, and a supportive community. Interns explore career interests, grow professional skills, and connect with the unique and vibrant cultures of the Tlingit, Haida, and Tsimshian people. You will spend the summer with peers who share an Alaska Native heritage, learning from each other and building a community as you venture into your careers. Learn more at sealaska.com/careers/summer-internships.
Working Conditions and Physical Demands:
The physical and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to perform computer-based tasks and processing for up to 8 hours, including sitting or standing, mousing, interacting with information on a computer monitor.
- Must be able to lift and carry or otherwise move 25 pounds regularly.
- Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Bending or standing as necessary.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee will primarily work in an office setting. The noise level in the work environment is usually minimal.
This description is not intended to be, nor should it be construed as an all-inclusive list of responsibilities, skills or working conditions associated with the position. It is intended to accurately reflect the activities and requirements of the position, but duties may be added, deleted, or modified, as necessary. This description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Employment Indicator Internship
- Min Hiring Rate $22.00
- Max Hiring Rate $22.00
- Travel Required Yes
- Anchorage, AK, USA