Human Resources Intern
Job Title: Human Resources Intern
Location: Juneau, Alaska
Learn about recruiting and retaining employees with Huna Totem Corporation, the village corporation that serves the Village of Hoonah in Southeast Alaska! This summer, apply your business or psychology courses as a Human Resources Intern with the Huna Totem team. You will gain knowledge about talent acquisition steps and processes. You will place ads for jobs, update applicant communication on applicant tracking, and conduct screening interviews with prospective employees.
This internship takes place in Huna Totem’s office in Juneau, AK. You will also be able to travel to Hoonah, AK to work with the Human Resources department on site at Icy Strait Point, Huna Totem’s private cruise ship destination.
- Learn about talent acquisition for Huna Totem’s many businesses
- Assist with interviews
- Update applicant communication processes
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Majoring in business administration or similar
- Organization and research skills
- Able to both collaborate with a team and work independently
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Must be a Sealaska shareholder, descendant of a shareholder, or spouse of a shareholder
- Ability to travel as needed
Education and Experience:
- Must be age 18 at time of hire
- Must be currently enrolled in post-secondary school/program or a recent graduate (1-2 years)
- Legally authorized to work in the United States
- Have taken Human Resources classes
- At least a 2.5 GPA
- Strong critical thinking and research skills
- Self-starter with ability to adapt to a fast-paced work environment
- Complete online application at Sealaska.com/careers by January 22, 2024.
- Submit a resume and recent transcript (unofficial) with online application.
- You may be asked to provide proof of your status as a Sealaska shareholder, shareholder descendant, or shareholder spouse.
- You must successfully complete a background check prior to onboarding at Sealaska.
About Sealaska Intern Program
The Sealaska intern program exists to uplift Sealaska shareholders and their descendants pursuing post-secondary education with meaningful career experience, learning opportunities, and a supportive community. Interns explore career interests, grow professional skills, and connect with the unique and vibrant cultures of the Tlingit, Haida, and Tsimshian people. You will spend the summer with peers who share an Alaska Native heritage, learning from each other and building a community as you venture into your careers. Learn more at sealaska.com/careers/summer-internships.
Working Conditions and Physical Demands:
The physical and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to perform computer-based tasks and processing for up to 8 hours, including sitting or standing, mousing, interacting with information on a computer monitor.
- Must be able to lift and carry or otherwise move 25 pounds regularly.
- Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Bending or standing as necessary.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee will primarily work in an office setting. The noise level in the work environment is usually minimal.
This description is not intended to be, nor should it be construed as an all-inclusive list of responsibilities, skills or working conditions associated with the position. It is intended to accurately reflect the activities and requirements of the position, but duties may be added, deleted, or modified, as necessary. This description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Min Hiring Rate $22.00
- Max Hiring Rate $22.00
- Travel Required Yes
- Juneau, AK, USA