Marketing & Communications Intern
Job Title: Marketing & Communications Intern
Location: Juneau, AK with remote option
Contribute to meaningful projects within a small marketing team as The Nature Conservancy (TNC) Marketing & Communications Intern this summer! You will be able to experience a communications project from start to finish, such as writing a communications plan. You will create a complete content package on a relevant subject (reporting/writing a story, source photography and other digital assets, produce content package for web and social, etc.) You will gain experience with communication tools and platforms for graphic design, digital editing, audio/video production, and web content management. Throughout the summer, the team at TNC is interested in shaping this internship’s projects to best reflect what you want to learn and experience.
The Nature Conservancyis one of the world’s largest environmental nonprofits, with chapters in all 50 U.S. states and 79 countries. The Alaska Chapterwas founded in 1989, and today the majority of our work is focused in Southeast Alaska, Bristol Bay and on issues related to climate statewide.
This internship can take place at The Nature Conservancy office in Juneau, Alaska, or remotely via telecommute.
- Tackle a comms/marketing project, like writing a communications plan.
- Create a complete content package on a relevant subject.
- Gain experience using common marketing/comms tools and platforms.
- Assist TNC Alaska in cataloguing and archiving photography assets from Alaska.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Must be a Sealaska shareholder, descendant of a shareholder, or spouse of a shareholder
- Legally authorized to work in the United States
- Ability to travel as needed
Education and Experience:
- Must be age 18 at time of hire
- Must be currently enrolled in post-secondary school/program or a recent graduate (1-2 years)
- Interest and/or education in marketing, communications, media relations, digital media, videography, photography, writing/editing, social media, or events.
- At least a 2.5 GPA
- Strong critical thinking and research skills
- Self-starter with ability to adapt to a fast-paced work environment
- Complete online application at Sealaska.com/careers by January 22, 2024.
- Submit a resume and recent transcript (unofficial) with online application.
- Submit samples of work (writing, research, or photography) with online application.
- You may be asked to provide proof of your status as a Sealaska shareholder, shareholder descendant, or shareholder spouse.
- You must successfully complete a background check prior to onboarding at Sealaska.
About Sealaska Intern Program
The Sealaska intern program exists to uplift Sealaska shareholders and their descendants pursuing post-secondary education with meaningful career experience, learning opportunities, and a supportive community. Interns explore career interests, grow professional skills, and connect with the unique and vibrant cultures of the Tlingit, Haida, and Tsimshian people. You will spend the summer with peers who share an Alaska Native heritage, learning from each other and building a community as you venture into your careers. Learn more at sealaska.com/careers/summer-internships.
Working Conditions and Physical Demands:
The physical and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to perform computer-based tasks and processing for up to 8 hours, including sitting or standing, mousing, interacting with information on a computer monitor.
- Must be able to lift and carry or otherwise move 25 pounds regularly.
- Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Bending or standing as necessary.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee will primarily work in an office setting. The noise level in the work environment is usually minimal.
This description is not intended to be, nor should it be construed as an all-inclusive list of responsibilities, skills or working conditions associated with the position. It is intended to accurately reflect the activities and requirements of the position, but duties may be added, deleted, or modified, as necessary. This description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Employment Indicator Internship
- Min Hiring Rate $22.00
- Max Hiring Rate $22.00
- Travel Required Yes
- Juneau, AK, USA