Job Title: Controller
The Controller must be a self-starter who can work in changing environments and bring standard practices, job cost, and equipment costing accounting expertise to internal business partners. The individual will be involved in establishing accounting processes for newly established systems and onboarding acquired subsidiaries and integrating current processes. Must be curious, forward looking, and always looking to improve the work environment.
This role will on-site in Southern CA/Signal Hill, CA, only local applicants will be considered.
• Assist in recruiting, interviews, and trains new staff.
• Oversees the daily workflow of the department.
• Provides constructive and timely performance evaluations.
• Handles discipline and termination of employees in accordance with company policy.
• Proficiency in Project and Equipment cost accounting.
• Coordinate the development and maintenance of ERP system and procedures. Provide direction and input for the development of accounting applications, reports, forms, records and documented procedures.
• Manage internal accounting to produce accurate and timely financial reporting, review accounting reconciliations, transactions and reports for accuracy.
• Manage accounts payable, accounts receivable and cash management functions to ensure compliance with best practices and segregation of duties.
• Lead external audits, internal audits and implementation of controls as appropriate.
• Ensure compliance with regulatory requirements impacting accounting and liaise with legal and human resource partners.
• Collaborate with Sealaska and subsidiary team members on consolidation accounting.
• Assist with finance integration for acquisitions and newly formed subsidiaries.
• Assist in financial planning process and operating budget process and provide monthly variance analyses.
• Oversee new application setup and applicable ancillary systems, such as treasury, time and expense, credit card, HRIS, and others as required.
• Assist with developing and presenting financial packages and results to senior management.
• Experience with government contracts and Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR) desired.
• Conduct accounting guidance research on relevant topics and provide recommendations on application to management.
• Identify and implement new process as needed and maintain adequate controls over current processes.
• Responsible for all management functions with direct reports including hiring, performance management, training, coaching, etc.
• Perform all other related duties as assigned.
• Strong business orientation combined with unquestionable integrity, ethics and financial acumen.
• Must have strong attention to detail and ability to perform analyses while focusing on the big picture.
• Must be able to take business concepts and translate them to assess finance impact.
• Must have ability to lead projects, manage priorities and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
• Must have strong presentation and written communication skills.
• Must have strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively in cross-functional teams.
• Must be self-motivated and able to adapt to changing environments.
• Adaptability: Adapting in order to work effectively in ambiguous or changing situations, and with diverse individuals and groups.
• Analytical thinking: Analyzing and synthesizing information to understand issues, identify options, and support sound decision making.
• Attention to detail: Working in a conscientious, consistent and thorough manner.
• Teamwork: Work collaboratively with others within parent and partner entities to achieve organizational goals.
• Results management: Planning, implementing, monitoring and completing projects, ensuring effective management of scope, resources, time, cost, quality, risk and communications for finance-related projects.
• Communication: Communicating ideas and information to ensure that information and messages are understood and have the desired impact.
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Business Administration or Finance.
• Technology or software experience highly preferred (Vista Cloud a plus) – Job, Project Management and Equipment.
• Seven years of accounting/finance experience required with an emphasis on statutory and GAAP accounting in the construction and environmental industry strongly preferred.
• Experience in International Accounting – FX and VAT a plus.
• Some management or supervisory experience preferred.
The physical and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Sedentary Work Category – The employee exerts up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, sit, use hands to touch or feel, and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and distance vision.
• The noise level in the work environment is usually minimal.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to weather conditions and other elements prevalent at the time.
This description is not intended to be, nor should it be construed as an all-inclusive list of responsibilities, skills or working conditions associated with the position. It is intended to accurately reflect the activities and requirements of the position, but duties may be added, deleted, or modified, as necessary. This description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.
- Pay Type Salary
- Min Hiring Rate $140,000.00
- Max Hiring Rate $150,000.00
- Gregg Drilling, LLC, 2726 Walnut Avenue, Signal Hill, California, United States of America