Projects and Contracts Manager - Marine Construction/Heavy Civil
In 2019, CS Marine Constructors, Inc. became a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sealaska. Sealaska is a for-profit Alaska Native Corporation owned by more than 24,000 Tlingit, Haida, and Tsimshian shareholders. We believe that protecting and preserving our environment isn’t just a moral or cultural imperative. It is smart business. In fact, it is the core of our business portfolio. People and planet define our ocean-health business platform, Woocheen. The company’s name is derived from the Tlingit word wooch.éen, which can be roughly translated as “working together.” It is a name that acknowledges we are interdependent, working in collaboration with each other, with our environment, and with the resources available to us.
Established in 1976, CS Marine Constructors, Inc. has grown to become a medium-sized marine construction contractor with expertise in new construction, emergency repairs, demolition, salvage, and maintenance. We construct and repair piers, wharfs, docks, dolphins, intakes, and outfalls for various clients including refineries, terminal operators, various state, local and federal agencies. Our growth can be traced back to our core values of treating our customers fairly and working with our clients to solve their challenging projects. CS Marine is headquartered in Vallejo, CA with a branch office opening soon in Signal Hill, CA.
Job Title: Projects and Contracts Manager
The Role will include Managing all going projects with CS working in close coordination with the Operations Manager/ Superintendent, as well as coordinating the interaction with the Design Engineer, Construction Manager, and other client representatives.
• Assists with recruiting, interviews, hires, and trains new staff.
• Oversees the daily workflow of the department.
• Provides constructive and timely performance evaluations.
• Handles discipline and termination of employees in accordance with company policy.
• Work with the Preconstruction Manager during the bidding phase for scheduling and defining the construction sequence as well as the final job costing or scope definition.
• Lead the contracts negotiation.
• Administer the contract and make sure the Project is executed in accordance with the contract.
• Work with the Operations Manager to ensure projects are completed on time and on budget.
• Manage RFIs, submittals, change orders and other legal contractual requirements of the projects with the support of the project engineers and Operations Manager
• Control the schedule and coordinate the resources with the Operations Manager
• Manage the financial aspects of every project, WIP and forecast, expenses and revenue and anticipate any issues, as well as cash flow of the project.
• Coordinate the work of suppliers and subcontractors with the Operations Manager, as well as approves invoices.
• Manage insurance and bonding requirements on every project.
• Help with other office specific duties where the expertise might be required (negotiating contracts and lease for the office, help with defining business strategy, CAPEX proposals
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Excellent Team Player and positive attitude
• Autonomy and proactivity
• Willing to learn and curious.
• Good verbal and written communication skills
• Good attention to detail
• Ability to coordinate the work and contracts of various subcontractors and suppliers.
• Ability to read, understand and negotiate construction contracts.
• Ability to understand specific CA construction requirements and Union related issues is a plus.
• Must be proficient in Excel and Word. AutoCAD, Primavera and EPR software, Sage Timberline a plus.
• Work will require frequent visits to the project and will include exposure to ongoing construction and various weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment may range from moderate to loud.
• Employee must be able to wear the personal protective equipment (PPE) required of various construction work environments (hard hats, personal floatation devices, safety glasses, gloves, safety-toed shoes, etc.). The employee is required to stand, walk, use stairs, ladders, and step stools and reach with hands and arms. Must be able to navigate stairs, ladders and gangways; board, work on and disembark floating vessels and structures.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Strong supervisory and leadership skills.
• Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate.
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor’s Degree, or equivalent experience, Civil Engineering, or Construction Management preferred.
• 10+ years of progressive project experience in heavy civil construction, marine construction experience required.
• Familiarity and knowledge of Design-Build contracts is a plus.
• Current TWIC card or meets TWIC qualifications.
The physical and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to walk, use hands to finger, handle objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; balance; stoop; bending or crouching; talk or hear. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
• Some lifting of files, opening cabinets.
• Bending or standing as necessary.
• Must be able to lift 60 pounds.
• Must be able to be on your feet in an outdoor setting 8-10 hours a day in adverse weather conditions and uneven or difficult terrain in a remote environment.
Work Environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to weather conditions and other elements prevalent at the time.
This description is not intended to be, nor should it be construed as an all-inclusive list of responsibilities, skills or working conditions associated with the position. It is intended to accurately reflect the activities and requirements of the position, but duties may be added, deleted, or modified, as necessary. This description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.
- Pay Type Salary
- Min Hiring Rate $180,000.00
- Max Hiring Rate $200,000.00
- CS Marine Constructors, Inc, 425 15th St, Vallejo, California, United States of America