The Project Engineer plans, directs, and coordinates activities of designated projects to support business plan and strategic initiatives. The role has primary responsibility to manage assigned capital and engineering projects and develop strategies and programs which provide improved operational and business processes across the enterprise.
Key responsibilities for this position include:
- Project Management – Develop and coordinate project plans, review vendor proposals, manage project team activities, communicate changes, provide progress updates, and complete projects on time and within budget.
- Actively support LeanSigma and Continuous Process Improvement - Gather information to evaluate current work processes in order to determine workflow, time requirements and costs; develop strategies and programs which provide improved operational and business processes across the enterprise.
- Provide Engineering support on implementation of new technology platforms.
- Actively use structured problem-solving processes to support internal / external product quality and service issues.
- Provide engineering evaluation of equipment technology and process capability with respect to potential acquisition due diligence.
- Work with Process Engineers to improve process capability through equipment technology upgrades, automation, introduction of monitoring capabilities, etc.
- Support safety programs and initiatives to ensure a safe work environment and promote safe practices in alignment with company policies and procedures.
- Work cross-functionally with other business leaders to develop continuous improvement and engineering solutions.
- Review proposals of outside vendors regarding purchase of new equipment or modernization of existing production and processing equipment.
- Work with alternate site location personnel to identify technology best practices for implementation at local site.
- Support Process Engineers in development of opportunities to reduce scrap/waste.
Perform other duties as assigned.
Bachelor's degree (BS) in Engineering with 3 - 5 years with process improvement and/or project management related experience. Lean Manufacturing, and functional experience with PLC and AutoCAD. Preferred Polymer, Web handling, Controls, and Automation experience. LeanSigma Green or Yellow Belt preferred.
Seaman Corporation is an EEO/AA Employer.
- Pay Type Salary
- Bristol, TN, USA