Global Distribution & Logistics Manager
Responsible for overseeing the efficient flow of finished goods, system accessories, and raw materials from receipt, storage, and through to dispatch of products to support company strategic objectives and drive continuous improvement. This includes distribution network design and implementation, inventory management and optimization, strategic planning to support business growth, technology advancements, and warehousing & transportation management.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Strategic Planning & Performance Management
- Develop and implement strategic distribution network design strategy aligned with strategic objectives in partnership with key internal stakeholders, suppliers, and customers.
- Lead the development and management of comprehensive warehousing and transportation management strategies to support efficient operations in alignment with corporate vision and objectives.
- Lead the organization in identifying and executing prioritized opportunities for process improvements in alignment with strategic goals.
- Define, analyze, and present performance updates which provide key insights for strategic decision-making regarding the efficient optimization of cost, quality, and service.
- Champion a feedback-oriented culture, monitoring the quality of services provided, and implementing continual improvements based on stakeholder feedback.
- Stay informed of warehousing and logistics technology advances and apply appropriate technology to improve operational efficiency.
Inventory Optimization & Order Fulfillment
- Implement robust inventory control systems and measurement capabilities, ensuring accurate stock management and real-time analytics.
- Ensure stocking levels are maintained and continually reviewed for accuracy to support growth.
- Analyze inventories to determine how to increase inventory turns, reduce excess cost or waste, and/or optimize customer service in alignment with strategic objectives.
- Owns and drives customer service metrics including on-time delivery and freight costs to ensure business unit expectations are met and/or exceeded.
Warehousing & Transportation Management
- Manage 3rd party warehouse and transportation management partners to ensure consistently efficient and cost optimized order fulfillment.
- Design and manage internal warehouse layout to optimize space utilization, ensuring systematic and organized storage that facilitates smooth operations and quick response times.
- Lead the creation, coordination, and enforcement of advanced operational policies, procedures, and standards to maintain high levels of productivity, service, and safety.
- Design and implement warehouse and transportation management systems to support growth.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field (e.g., supply chain management, logistics & materials management, etc.) or equivalent experience.
- 7+ years of experience in managing distribution sites & network design, warehousing, logistics, and transportation.
- 5+ years leading large-scale cross-functional projects and operations strategy.
- Master’s Degree in relevant field (e.g., Business Administration, supply chain management, logistics & materials management, etc.)
- Working knowledge of Oracle or other equivalent ERP systems, warehouse management systems (WMS) and transportation management systems (TMS).
- Excellent organizational and planning skills.
- Demonstrates resilience during setbacks and an ability to lead through ambiguity.
- Excellent communication skills and the proven ability to work well with all levels of management and staff.
This position supervises the Distribution Supervisor and Shipping/Receiving Supervisor
Seaman Corporation is an EEO/AA Employer.
- Pay Type Salary
- Wooster, OH 44691, USA