Application Engineer Architectural Fabrics
The Application Engineer is the segment-specific technical expert and hands-on leader in the Technology Group for the application and installation method development of fabric structures (tension, frame, airdome). The Application Engineer provides critical technical insights to customer interactions along the entire value chain (installers, fabricators, general contractors, building owners, and financiers). The Application Engineer will lead the initial stages of commercialization, prototyping, and qualification for new products, installation methods, and systems, working in conjunction with the ShelterRite Product Management Team. The Application Engineer will be supported by the Scientists and Engineers in Technology to formulate, design fabric, and ensure processability for new membranes, installation methodology, and tension structure design. The Application Engineer will be knowledgeable of competitive building systems performance, total costs of ownership, and unmet needs of the industry and will ideally have a background in the installation and/or general construction of custom structures.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Create and manage a project plan focusing on next steps in achieving project objectives.
- Identify internal resource needs to execute project and engage and influence as needed to drive project to completion.
- Interface with external partners to guide product development process.
- Surface resource constraints as it relates to internal resources for prioritization support.
- Communicate as needed to ensure project team understands actions needed and overall project status.
- Utilize expertise of self and others to develop options to achieve product performance objectives including cost-target objectives.
- Create prototypes to demonstrate proof of concept and value proposition relative to competitive alternatives.
- Create application specifications such as tension requirements, elongation needs, top finish needs, seam strength, liner installation, and other similar details.
- Engage and communicate with customers, suppliers and/or third parties as necessary.
- Closely manage transition from development to Product Management team for industrialization.
Customer and Market Engagement:
- Directly engage customer(s) to gain insight into product performance requirements, prototype evaluation methods, prototype feedback, and timeline expectations of project.
- Proactively follow up with customers to gain feedback and status on projects as well as proactively provide updates on internal activities.
- Represent Seaman Corporation on technical committees or industry initiatives on an ad hoc basis.
- Develop technical support content and documents to be utilized by both product management, Technical Design team, and others.
- Actively participate as member of the Technology management team.
4-year college degree in Civil Engineering, Structural Engineering or related Building and Construction discipline. Minimum experience is 3-5 years working in a comparable role in a B2B manufacturing environment.
Must demonstrate ability to perform a diversity of tasks including capturing key information from customers, creating and implementing project plans, researching solutions, running trials and VOC prototype deployments, assessing results, coordinating with manufacturing personnel, and generating ideas.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of all Microsoft Office software. Ability to utilize CAD software and project management software is a plus.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
Travel is required (Approximately 25%)
Seaman Corporation is an EEO/AA Employer.
- Pay Type Salary
- Wooster, OH 44691, USA