Commercial Noise Reduction Fabrication Project Lead
The CNR Fabrication Project Lead is the hands-on leader for the commissioning, launch, scale-up and optimization of multi-layer custom fabric panel fabrication. The Fabrication Project Lead will be responsible for meeting and exceeding the weekly demand forecast for custom commercial noise reduction panel fabrication.
As a member of the New Ventures/Technology team and in conjunction with the site Operations teams, the successful candidate will be accountable for, developing and establishing production techniques to successfully fabricate commercial noise reduction products to meet an aggressive delivery timeline. This position will be responsible for continuous process improvement and identifying and executing capital investments to maximize production quality and efficiency. The Fabrication Project Lead will work closely with other project team members including project management, customer site design, estimation and installation, and procurement.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Develop methods for production of custom panels meeting customer needs for appearance and functionality.
- Establish in house quality control and inspection for fabricated panels
- Develop process flow to maximize production output
- Design layout of the fabrication operation to optimize material flow and efficiencies
- Material handling design, including the custom fabrication of unique patterns
- Design flow for unique BOM set-up and job management
- Ultimately design process to be integrated into standard operations
- Establish and maintain a high-performance culture within the facility.
- Set goals for rapidly ramping up production output and ensuring targets are met.
- Ensure accurate intake of curtain panel engineering diagrams
- Ensure quality of panels – cut to the correct dimensions and pattern as designed and provided in engineering drawing formats
- Manage the production plan to meet desired production order, sequence, quantity while also allowing for emergency replacement panels
- Measure KPIs for production
- Design and justify improvement projects to meaningfully improve KPIs
- Work with vendors to validate equipment improvements
- Set individual benchmarks for output of panels by fabricators and achieve ongoing improvements
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily while acting as a role model of our Corporate Values. The successful candidate will be trained in continuous improvement processes such as 6 Sigma and DFM and will demonstrate strong leadership skills with the ability to coordinate work across departments in an operational environment.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
- Project Management Experience
- Resource Management
- Process Start-up experience
- Minimum experience is 3-5 years working in a comparable role in a B2B manufacturing environment.
Seaman Corporation is an EEO/AA Employer.
- Pay Type Salary
- Bristol, TN, USA