FiberTite Tech Rep NW
At Seaman Corporation, we are dedicated to creating and supplying quality, high performance fabrics that protect our planet and our customers. From humble beginnings in 1949 to a multi-million-dollar organization, this family-owned business has grown to be a leading manufacturer in highly durable coated fabrics, supplying our products to customers around the globe.
Every Seaman associate adds value to our continuously growing company. We believe by investing in the right people and resources we can drive sustainable growth throughout the business.
Seaman Corporation products are composed of proprietary knitted or woven base cloths and coating formulas to produce high performance roofing systems, geomembrane liners, truck tarps, architectural structures, and much more. We work exclusively with authorized fabricators, designers, consultants, engineers and installers for quality solutions start to finish.
- Company performance bonus in addition to base salary
- Professional development opportunities including tuition reimbursement, course training, and networking
- A competitive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 401(k) with company match, PTO, VTO, and paid holidays
- Activities including department outings, holiday parties, and our annual company-wide dinner
This position manages the needs of Northern California, Northern Nevada, Oregon, Washington, Montana- West, Northern Idaho, Canada, and Alaska territories to provide personal in-field technical support via direct contact with various customers, including Authorized FiberTite Applicator personnel, building owners, architects, roofing consultants, and FiberTite sales personnel.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Planning and Scheduling of work per Technical Services Guidelines
- Arrange and conduct travel to work locations.
- Conduct in-progress roof-site visits to:
- Monitor and ensure proper installation of FiberTite Roof Systems, in accordance with good roofing practice and FiberTite specifications.
- Help resolve installation problems and issues as they arise.
- Training of FiberTite Applicator personnel in the proper use and installation of FiberTite products and roofing systems.
- Conduct final inspections of FiberTite Roof System installations to ensure technical and warrantable acceptance per prescribed FiberTite guidelines.
- Investigate warranty claim issues as assigned.
- Occasionally complete necessary FiberTite repairs as directed by FiberTite Warranty Services.
- Provide technical assistance to local / regional FiberTite Sales personnel in support of their respective sales needs.
- Understand and emulate the Seaman Corporation CARE philosophy.
- Operate within established company expense and vehicle policies.
- Follow company environmental and safety policies.
- Maintain weekly communication with FiberTite Technical Services staff to ensure coordination of relevant information.
- Other duties as assigned, which may include travel and work outside the normal territory.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and / or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to read and understand basic construction blueprints, drawings, and specifications, and perform basic estimating.
- Fundamental knowledge of roofing, roofing materials, and roofing systems.
- Fundamental knowledge of roof leak detection methods, and determination of corrective repairs, associated with single-ply roofing systems.
- Ability to listen & comprehend, and express oneself both verbally and in writing, including report writing.
- Knowledge of, and experience with, general single-ply roof system inspection procedures.
- Working knowledge of building codes, i.e., FM, UL, Miami-Dade
- Working knowledge, and hands-on experience, with hot-air welding equipment as used for thermoplastic single-ply roofing applications, including proficiency in hand-welding of construction detail work, i.e., flashing application of corners, and pipes.
- Ability to present hands-on applications training to small groups.
- Fluency in Spanish is desired.
Education and/or Experience:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
- 2 - 5 years’ experience in roofing and / or roof inspections.
- RCI Registered Roof Observer (RRO) is desired
- Basic PC skills, i.e., Word Perfect, Excel Spreadsheet, email, Internet
Seaman Corporation is an EEO/AA Employer.
- Pay Type Salary
- Wooster, OH 44691, USA