DO WHAT’S RIGHT. WORK TOGETHER. CREATE SOLUTIONS.
At Seaman Corporation, we are dedicated to creating and supplying quality, high performance fabrics that protect our planet and our customers. From humble beginnings in 1949 to a multi-million-dollar organization, this family-owned business has grown to be a leading manufacturer in highly durable coated fabrics, supplying our products to customers around the globe.
Every Seaman associate adds value to our continuously growing company. We believe by investing in the right people and resources we can drive sustainable growth throughout the business.
Seaman Corporation products are composed of proprietary knitted or woven base cloths and coating formulas to produce high performance roofing systems, geomembrane liners, truck tarps, architectural structures, and much more. We work exclusively with authorized fabricators, designers, consultants, engineers, and installers for quality solutions start to finish.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Company performance bonus in addition to base salary
- Professional development opportunities including tuition reimbursement, course training, and networking
- A competitive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 401(k) with company match, PTO, VTO, and paid holidays
- Activities including department outings, holiday parties, and our annual company-wide dinner
Seaman Corporation is seeking a Safety Manager to join our Operations team! This position will report to Dave Dehlman in Wooster.
The Safety Manager will support efforts to ensure workplace safety at all our facilities. This position will be responsible for ensuring full Safety strategic development, implementation, and management of all Safety related compliances and programs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Partnering with the leadership group to create change and define Safety solutions that are in the best interest of the overall business strategy and objectives,
- Focus on formulating, implementing, and maintaining basic policies, programs, and techniques necessary to achieve company goals and regulatory requirements related to Safety issues.
- Providing leadership to the Safety team and ensuring the appropriate skills and competencies are identified and developed to meet business objectives.
- Provide support and leadership for the implementation and execution of Safety strategies, goals, and objectives to meet Plant, Corporate and Government objectives/requirements for Safety.
- Develop methods to continuously increase Safety engagement within hourly and salary workforce.
- Partner with other functions and lead efforts to continuously improve plant Safety culture.
- Execute strategies to eliminate serious injuries and environmental incidents, continuously reduce the occurrence of minor incidents, increase engagement in the Safety Management System and improve plant culture.
- Build relationships and credibility. Stay abreast of current state of business, process and culture. Build networks with key Plant Leaders and Informal Influencers (at all levels of the organization).
- Establish and maintain close working relationships with department managers and supervisors to provide for and ensure that employees receive training and development in promoting a safe and healthy working environment.
- Develop and track quantitative measures of performance (leading and lagging) for areas of responsibility and effectively communicate the status of goals and objectives with senior leadership, area managers, supervisors, and shop floor associates. Develop programs and strategies to address gaps and themes identified
- Oversees effective execution and improvement of the Safety Training Program that includes in-person training, daily meetings, computer-based training, 3rd party training as well as development of course materials.
- Advise the company’s administrative team on Safety issues and compliance in specific actions and operations. Interaction on active project work and MOCs.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 7+ years of experience in Safety within a manufacturing environment
TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS: 30-50%
Seaman Corporation is an EEO/AA Employer.
- Pay Type Salary
- Bristol, TN, USA
- Wooster, OH 44691, USA