Operational Process Improvement Engineer
At Seaman Corporation, every associate is instrumental to our success. Become a part of our growing team!
DO WHAT’S RIGHT. WORK TOGETHER. CREATE SOLUTIONS.
At Seaman Corporation, we are dedicated to creating and supplying quality, high performance fabrics that protect our planet and our customers. From humble beginnings in 1949 to a multi-million-dollar organization, this family-owned business has grown to be a leading manufacturer in highly durable coated fabrics, supplying our products to customers around the globe.
Every Seaman associate adds value to our continuously growing company. We believe by investing in the right people and resources we can drive sustainable growth throughout the business.
Seaman Corporation products are composed of proprietary knitted or woven base cloths and coating formulas to produce high performance roofing systems, geomembrane liners, truck tarps, architectural structures, and much more. We work exclusively with authorized fabricators, designers, consultants, engineers, and installers for quality solutions start to finish.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Company performance bonus in addition to base salary
- Flexible work opportunities including flex schedules and remote work from home up to two days per week (if applicable to role)
- Professional development opportunities including tuition reimbursement, course training, and networking
- A competitive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 401(k) with company match, PTO, VTO, and paid holidays
- Activities including department outings, holiday parties, and our annual company-wide dinner
As Operational Process Improvement Engineer, you will design, develop, and implement processes to improve operational efficiencies in manufacturing. You will be involved in determining new and alternative materials qualifications at the plant in order to promote on site-specific quality and efficiency improvements. Additionally, you will have to the opportunity to be involved in the further growth of Seaman Corporation and the commercialization of new products.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Focus on operational process improvement opportunities. Direction provided by plant leadership, Lean managers, and technology department.
- Manage OPI project opportunities within the organization. Utilize available tools to identify the root cause, development, and implementation of solutions. Collaboration with technology resources, quality, and operations personnel as necessary
- Actively support the MOC process within the organization
- Leads the evaluation of alternative / new raw materials in conjunction with sourcing and manufacturing teams. The evaluation process through lab, pilot and coordinate and execute plant trials.
- Conduct root cause investigations and troubleshooting to improve identified product quality issues. Leverage technical resources including but not limited to lab, pilot capabilities and suppliers.
- Supports the scale up and transition of new products from prototype to scale up and commercialization in manufacturing.
- Effectively execute trials as agreed upon to support the business initiatives. Actively update trial documentation and manage through the manufacturing facilities; determine effectiveness of the trial to meet specified goals and objectives and determine appropriate next steps.
- Leads operational process improvement trials in manufacturing environment.
- Evaluates new technologies and equipment to support business initiatives.
- Supports capital projects initiatives as necessary.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree or master’s degree in a technical field (Industrial, Polymer Science, Chemical Engineer, or Chemistry)
- 5+ years of experience preferred.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITES: None
TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS: 10-25%
Seaman Corporation is an EEO/AA Employer.
- Pay Type Salary
- Wooster, OH 44691, USA