Part Time Teaching Assistant - NonCertified
Provides assistance to individuals receiving services throughout all aspects of their lives in a residential setting. Promote choice and independence while providing protective oversite. Demonstrate compliance with all Springbrook policies and State regulations to ensure safe and smooth operation of the program.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
• Demonstrate good role model behavior while working with individuals in behavioral, medical, instructional, and social situations.
• Implement all service plans and collect required data.
• Support individuals with challenging behavior including performing physical interventions as trained.
• Provide medical advocacy and support as evidenced by obtaining/maintaining medical certifications and trainings, administering medications, attending appointments, and fulfilling other applicable duties as defined by plans of care.
• Implement a person centered planning approach to ensure independence, growth and development throughout the day across environments. Develop learning materials/goals as indicated by needs and interests.
• Provide assistance with activities of daily living including personal care activities.
• Utilize community resources to assist people in achieving personal goals and desires, while fostering meaningful relationships. May include participation in spiritual activities, various recreational activities (such as swimming), and family functions for the individuals served.
• Ensure safe and clean environments, including grounds and vehicles.
• Obtain and maintain all applicable trainings and certifications relevant to the program.
• All other duties as assigned.
Qualifications, Skills and Knowledge Requirements:
• High school diploma required. Associate’s degree preferred.
• Must be willing to work in alternate locations within Region, as needs arise.
• May be required to extend shifts due to minimum staffing requirements in assigned locations.
• Duties require professional verbal and written communication skills.
• Proficiency in or knowledge of using a variety of computer software and e-mail applications, especially Microsoft Excel, Outlook and Word; have the aptitude to learn other computer software as necessary.
• Must be able to lift 50 lbs. independently and assist in lifting weights exceeding 50 lbs.
• Must have own transportation and meet the requirements to drive Springbrook vehicles as required.
• Be able to perform all physical interventions.
Springbrook is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of Springbrook to prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type and to afford equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin or citizenship, age, genetic predisposition or carrier status, gender identity or expression, disability, military or veteran status, sexual or reproductive health decisions, traits historically associated with race and/or any other status or characteristic protected by law.
- Job Family SPR
- Pay Type Hourly
- Hiring Rate $19.00
- Required Education High School
- Oneonta, NY 13820, USA