SSAB is one of the largest North American producers of steel plate and coil, serving many industrial markets including energy, construction, agriculture and transportation. SSAB operates five state of the art facilities strategically located in key regions across the U.S.
SSAB has nearly 1,200 highly skilled employees in the U.S. Jobs at SSAB range from machine operators and sales people to advanced engineers and corporate professionals in HR, finance and more. SSAB offers challenging careers and comprehensive benefit program designed to keep employees and their families healthy and secure.
SSAB is searching for 2 safety professionals to join our Safety Team!
The Safety Specialist will support, coordinate, and verify facility programs related to safety and security services, assist with maintaining compliance with applicable laws and regulations, and assist in the implementation of safety best practices under the direction of the Safety Manager
- Provide personal leadership and professional guidance to operations in safety management requirements, to include incident investigation, safety training and communication, inspection and auditing, hazard assessment, and implementation of site business safety plans.
- Coordinate and conduct routine plant audits and physical inspections to determine compliance with safety programs, laws, and regulations.
- Implement safety management systems that meet or exceed compliance and create value-added enhancement to plant operations via implementation of written standards, training requirements, monitoring/auditing elements, and corrective action steps.
- Implement safety programs and upgrades with continuous improvement as the objective, to include hearing conservation, respiratory protection, heat stress, crane safety, confined spaces, etc.
- Maintain effective standardized tools to monitor the success of safety management systems and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Coordinate and participate in safety committee meetings, and plan and coordinate safety training as directed.
- Evaluate, specify, and audit the proper application of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
- Track completion and verify the effectiveness of corrective actions identified through audits or investigations.
- Maintain appropriate records in accordance with SSAB Safety and Security Policy, related regulations and statutes.
- Function as back-up coordinator for safety or security activities in the absence of respective Safety team members.
Competencies and Experience
- A minimum of two (2) years of experience in safety compliance
- Microsoft Office proficiency (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Teams)
- Ability to interpret data
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Bachelor of Science degree in a related field
WHAT WE OFFER
- Profit sharing
- 401(k) with 5% employer match
- 10 paid holidays
- Excellent, affordable benefits
- Tuition reimbursement
- Employee assistance program
- Challenging and interesting work
- Friendly and inclusive workplace
SSAB's vision is a stronger, lighter and more sustainable world.
SSAB's values form the guiding principals of our company.
They shape our culture and characteristics. They serve as a compass for our actions and behavior, and describe what we stand for. Values guide us daily in making the right choices and doing the right things.
SSAB's values are:
- Driven - Together we create value
- True - Do what is right
- Ahead - Future in mind
- Pay Type Salary
- Axis, AL 36505, USA