Production Maintenance Operator
SSAB has nearly 1,200 highly skilled employees in the U.S. Jobs at SSAB range from machine operators and sales people to advanced engineers and corporate professionals in HR, finance and more. SSAB offers challenging careers and comprehensive benefit program designed to keep employees and their families healthy and secure.
The Maintenance Operator is to improve production through the design and use of: the electrical and mechanical equipment, Maintenance Department, and Contractors at SSAB Houston by analysis of technical data and ensuring installation and maintaining equipment in proper and safe working condition. The operator is responsible for minimizing down time and costs, maintaining the Stores, Parts and Maintenance program and leading the Maintenance Department.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES / FUNCTIONS:
- Responsible for the monitoring and repair of the Temper Line and Plasma/Oxy-Fuel Table electronics, electrical and mechanical equipment to ensure that efficiency and minimal down time of the line is maintained.
- Leads and/or performs general maintenance on plant equipment (lubrication, monitoring, repairing, PM’s & inspections) and informs Operations Manager if additional resources are required.
- Ensures all procedures are followed as outlined in the ISO 9001:2000 and ISO 14001 manuals as well as all safety rules and regulations.
- Coordinates schedules and monitors maintenance tasks with production for the down days.
- Directs the maintenance department and outside contractors to ensure the task are properly performed on time and within budget
- Responsible for the computerized preventive & predictive maintenance program covering all equipment as well as monitoring the use of, and requisitioning, parts, equipment and supplies for the operation.
- Responsible for generating and/or improving maintenance PM programs as well as identifying potential equipment problems and initiating improvement projects.
- Communicates with Operators to ensure a constant and smooth flow of the operation along with questioning the operation of the equipment to detect problems or concerns.
- Office presence
- Regular and reliable attendance
QUALIFICATIONS – EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Experience and Competencies
· Knowledge in mechanical, electrical, hydraulic pneumatics and PLC troubleshooting.
· Good written and verbal communication skills.
· Strong organizational and computer skills
Experience and Competencies
- Previous supervisory experience of maintenance employees.
- Working knowledge of a computerized PM system
- Minimum High School Diploma or High School Equivalent
- Technical education and minimum of 3 years related maintenance experience.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES / DIRECT REPORTS:
First Shift and Second Shift Maintenance Technicians would report into this position.
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
The employee will frequently be required to:
- Sit, stand, walk, alternating up to 8 hours at a time
- Use both hands for grasping, handling, gripping and feeling textures and temperatures
- Lift and/or move up to 35 lbs
The employee will occasionally be required to:
- Balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, or climb
- Bend, twist at waist level, reach at and/or above shoulder level and below waist level
- Push, pull, lift, and/or carry items weighing less than 50 pounds
The position requires the following vision and hearing capabilities:
- Vision at near, mid and far range and peripheral vision and depth perception
- Talking and hearing in person, on a radio, and/or in group settings
The employee will be required to use the following machines or tools:
- Desktop computer
- Hand tools
- Overhead floor remoted cranes
- Oxy-Fuel hand torch
- Fork Lift
- Welding Equipment
The employee will work in the following conditions:
- Around equipment in motion
- Amid noise
- While wearing personal protective / safety equipment to prevent injury from noise and environmental hazards
- Around moving trucks and industrial mobile equipment
POSITION TYPE - WORK HOURS - TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS:
- Position is full time, non-exempt, and is eligible for overtime
- Shift time: 1:30pm – 9:30pm Monday - Friday
OTHER DUTIES:Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
SSAB's values form the guiding principals of our company.
They shape our culture and characteristics. They serve as a compass for our actions and behavior, and describe what we stand for. Values guide us daily in making the right choices and doing the right things.
SSAB's values are:
- Driven - Together we create value
- True - Do what is right
- Ahead - Future in mind
- Pay Type Hourly
- Travel Required No
- Required Education High School
- Houston - CTL, 13609 Industrial Road, Houston, Texas, United States of America