Food Service - Food Service Cook
Food Service Cook
Seneca Park Zoo in Rochester NY
MUST BE 18+ TO BE CONSIDERED
The Food Service Cook reports directly to the Kitchen Manager (if applicable) and/or Sous Chef and Executive Chef.
- Perform the steps of SSA EXTRA Guest Service to ensure a memorable experience for every guest and client.
- Supports restaurant prep (BOH and line) for daily operation.
- Meets daily quickservice, food service, safety and quality, availability, merchandising and guest service standards.
- Ensures proper food quantities are set for daily and ongoing service.
- Participates in safety logs including food temperatures, rotation and waste as necessary.
- Ensures safe food handling is maintained.
- Ensures proper uniform, hygiene, hand-washing and glove use with self.
- Maintains a SSAfe work environment by abiding to all SSAFETY rules.
- Follows through daily prep and items lists, as assigned.
- Actively helps to support operation in assigned role, supporting holes as necessary.
- Actively and efficiently responds to guest and client feedback, with report to the supervisor to ensure that any potential complaints are mitigate against further occurrence.
- Communicates up to the Restaurant Supervisor and/or Food Operations Manager in regard to any issues seen with daily service or quality.
- Remains knowledgeable of all menu items, prices and specials for sharing with guests.
- Assists with dishwashing as necessary.
- Perform other tasks as deemed necessary.
- Maintains a clean, safe and organized work environment.
- Uphold and demonstrate a complete understanding of company policies and procedures.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Exceptional problem solving/decision making skills combined with the ability to be organized.
- Demonstrates the ability to remain flexible in a fast-paced environment.
- Ideal candidate is a team player, personable, professional, upbeat and energetic, and takes initiative.
- Physical ability to stand for extended periods and to move and handle boxes (10-35lbs) as necessary to operation, which entails lifting, and perform all functions as set forth above.
- Ability to work varied hours/days, including nights, weekends and holidays, as needed.
- Food handling license preferred
- 1-2 years food preparation
This is by no means an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts or working conditions associated with this job description. The General Manager reserves the right to revise the job description or to require that other or different tasks are performed when circumstances change (i.e. emergencies, changes in personnel, workload, rush jobs or technological developments)
- Pay Type Hourly
- Employment Indicator Seasonal
- Min Hiring Rate $15.00
- Max Hiring Rate $18.00
- Travel Required No
- Job Start Date Monday, July 3, 2023
- 2222 St Paul St, Rochester, NY 14621, USA