Accounting Information Systems Manager
With more than 77 years of experience in hundreds of locations across North America and internationally, Savage is a trusted partner for safely moving and managing mission-critical materials with worry-free consistency while creating value for our Customers. Savage specializes in rail, truck, and marine transportation, logistics, materials handling, and other industrial and environmental services. We Hire Right, Train Right, and Treat Right, and strive to provide our Team Members with opportunities to do things they never dreamed possible.
The Transactional Accounting Team’s Financial Systems Manager position plays an vital part of providing administrative management of maintaining, monitoring and improving the Company’s financial systems. This position provides the functional support for our ERP system - Oracle Cloud Reporting, workflow management tools - Microsoft PowerApps, TM&E software - Coupa Expense and other various systems.
These are just a few of the benefits you can expect from working with Savage:
- A culture that appreciates our Team Members
- Paid Time Off (“PTO”) and paid holidays
- Profit Sharing
- Excellent benefits including medical, dental, vision, life, disability, 401(k)
- Paid Parental and Uniformed Services leave
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Manage functional administrative support of Oracle Cloud Reporting, Microsoft PowerApps, Coupa Expense and other financial systems.
- Lead any new system implementation initiatives and projects.
- Work collaboratively with Financial Accounting Systems teams including Financial Reporting, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Treasury, General Ledger, Information Technology, etc. to liaise with users within finance, accounting, and operations.
- Work closely with Information Technology team to collaborate on needs including integration, database functionality, data integrity, configurations, etc.
- Oversee audit and compliance checks/analyses/investigations of system configurations.
- Manage patch upgrades and testing plans for each system.
- Perform ongoing system setup and maintenance (chart of accounts, ledger structures, security, reporting, forms, workflows).
- Facilitate alignment of financial systems and reporting to support business objectives, goals, metrics and strategies.
- Identify, develop, and deploy tools to support process improvement.
- Oversee the interaction and integration of multiple systems (interfaces, data exports, etc.).
- Lead out on month-end financial closing system issues from an ERP perspective.
What You Need to Be Successful:
- Distinct ability to oversee and manage the systems at a high level to pivot and resolve detailed issues quantitatively.
- Strong people skills are a must as this position will have visibility and interactions throughout the company.
- This role will lead to interacting with a variety of functional teams including Accounting, Financial Reporting, Internal Audit, Information Technology, and others.
- 5+ years of qualified-related experience.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Working accounting knowledge and understanding.
- Functional understanding of accounting ledger structures, report and query writing, SQL, general accounting, and KPI development required.
- Working knowledge of VBA, Java and other programming languages preferred.
- Organized and capable of managing multiple and/or changing priorities.
- Ability to flex to address urgent needs when timelines require.
- Ability to train functional users in system capabilities.
- Capability to dig into details but understand the big picture.
- Self-motivated, critical thinking skills, driver of results.
The complete job description is available upon request
Savage has been designated as a Military Friendly Employer.
Savage has been recognized as a Top Company for Women to Work For in Transportation by the Women in Trucking Association
Savage is an Equal Opportunity Employer and maintains a drug free workplace.
California Residents: Job Applicant Privacy Notice
For more information or questions about opportunities at Savage, please contact our Talent Acquisition Team.
- Job Family Team Leader
- Pay Type Salary
- Midvale, UT, USA
- Salt Lake City, UT, USA