Savage Services in Elko, Nevada is looking for a Night shift Truck Fleet Mechanic. At Savage, we pride ourselves on providing our Team Members with a focus on safety not typically seen in other companies. You will enjoy working in a 5S environment that is safe to work in and free of clutter while receiving top-notch safety training and procedures to ensure that everyone makes it home every night to their loved ones. Hire Right, Train Right, Treat Right…it’s the Savage way.
These are just a few of the benefits you can expect from working with Savage:
- Free temporary housing provided for up to 30 days - If Relocating from Out of State
- Up to $5000 relocation
- $10,000 Retention Bonus!
- Hourly pay range $26 to $32 per hour depending on experience
- A culture that appreciates our Team Members
- A fleet with the majority of trucks being less than 5 years old
- Paid Time Off (“PTO”)
- Paid holidays
- Profit Sharing
- Excellent benefits including medical, dental, vision, life, disability, 401(k)
- A culture of safety
- A commitment to helping our Team Members do things that they never dreamed possible.
The mechanic will primarily work with their team to repair and maintain tractors and trailers used to transport limestone and other products at Savage's facilities in Elko, NV. This will be a night shift position.
This is what you'll be doing:
- Perform scheduled preventative maintenance on equipment
- Responsible for maintaining, troubleshooting and repairing equipment
- Ensure all work is performed in compliance with regulatory requirements and industry best practices. Learn and partner with the Maintenance Supervisor to maintain accurate maintenance records
- Other general maintenance duties as required
- Collaborate with Team Members outside of the department to ensure the overall success of the operation
This is what you need to be successful
- Two to Three years of Semi-Truck Fleet Mechanic experience, and experience with a variety of trucks a plus
- Confidence in repairing suspensions, rear ends, transmissions, air brake systems, minor engine work (injectors, turbos, etc.) and more
- An expert in identifying and diagnosing needed repairs by computer based systems, being able to visually recognize problems a big plus
- Class A CDL a plus, but not required
- The ability to weld aluminum is a plus
- Ability to read, write and understand English and follow written and/or verbal instructions
- Ensure compliance to strict OSHA and State regulations
The complete job description is available upon request
Savage has been designated as a Military Friendly Employer.
Savage has been recognized as a Top Company for Women to Work For in Transportation by the Women in Trucking Association
Savage is an Equal Opportunity Employer and maintains a drug free workplace.
California Residents: Job Applicant Privacy Notice
For more information or questions about opportunities at Savage, please contact our Talent Acquisition Team.
- Job Family Skilled Player
- Pay Type Hourly
- Elko, NV 89801, USA
- Nevada, USA