Night Shift Supervisor
Savage is looking for an experienced Night Shift Supervisor. The Operation Supervisor will provide leadership support for the Corpus Christi operation, located in Corpus Christi, TX.
These are just a few of the benefits you can expect from working with Savage:
- Excellent benefits including medical, dental, vision, and 401(k) with match
- Opportunities for growth
- Paid Holidays, Profit Sharing & Paid Time Off
- Paid Parental Leave
- $150/ a year steel toe boot allowance
- Annual Bonus Potential
- Uniforms provided with laundry service
The ideal candidate will be capable of ensuring that the daily assigned activities are completed timely and accurately, provide communication to affected parties and coordinate yard movements with inbound/outbound trucks.
- Coordinate truckload deliveries and related activities (BOL, I Site, Geotab, training, etc.)
- Share responsibility for the safety of team members in all aspects of the operation
- Create and maintain dispatch to meet customer demand and contract needs by efficiently utilizing equipment and available team members. Monitor real-time conditions and customer's needs through constant communication with customer personnel, Operations Manager and data observed from trucks' on-board data collection devices
- Check driver’s completion of paperwork as well as accurately record the data into the designated information system
- Ensure all work is performed in compliance with regulatory requirements and industry best practices
- Assist with the hiring, training and ongoing improvement of the team's skills
- With the direction of the Operations Manager, create, manage and report key performance indicators to drive increased customer satisfaction, revenue performance and decrease expenses
- Intermediate knowledge and experience in computers, including: Microsoft Office programs (Outlook, Excel, Word)
- Positive attitude; treats others with fairness and respect – expects the same in return
- Prior experience operating truck trailer is a plus
- The ability to analyze and interpret data with the capacity to make quick and confident decision
- Conducts themselves in a professional manner at all times
- Can follow all rules and procedures as outlined by Savage
- Must be able to attend and pass all test associated with job related coursework.
- Strong leadership skills and attributes
- Possess a TWIC card or ability to attain a TWIC card
- Experience in experience in Logistics and Transportation Management
- Experience interacting with an hourly, salary and customer-based workforce
- Must possess and maintain a valid driver's license and a driving record satisfactory to the Company and its insurers
- Efficient with standard office software programs (Word, Excel, Outlook, SAP)
- Must be available for duty after hours including holidays and weekends as required
- Ability to manage confidential issues
- Must be able to meet customer requirements for site entry via criminal background screening and drug screen.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent, higher education a plus
- Previous experience in truck transportation
- A Class A CDL with required
The complete job description is available upon request
Savage has been designated as a Military Friendly Employer.
Savage has been recognized as a Top Company for Women to Work For in Transportation by the Women in Trucking Association
Savage is an Equal Opportunity Employer and maintains a drug free workplace.
California Residents: Job Applicant Privacy Notice
For more information or questions about opportunities at Savage, please contact our Talent Acquisition Team.
- Job Family Player Coach
- Pay Type Salary
- Min Hiring Rate $80,000.00
- Max Hiring Rate $85,000.00
- Corpus Christi, TX, USA
- Gregory, TX, USA
- Portland, TX, USA