Savage is hiring!! Are you looking for a company that values you for the work you do? Our Material Handlers come to Savage for the challenge, growth and focus on safety, but they stay because of the outstanding culture that exists here. Our company was founded on processing and transporting materials for our customers. We understand and respect our Team Members as the lifeblood of what we do. Team Members are encouraged to find a better way and are enabled to “do things they never dreamed possible”.
These are just a few of the benefits you can expect from working with Savage:
- Rotating Night Shift: Mon-Fri 6pm-6am (5 on 2 off, 4 on 3 off)
- Built in Overtime
- $150/semi-annual steel toe boot allowance
- Opportunities for Growth
- We provide Uniforms & PPE (laundering included)
- Excellent benefits including
- Medical, dental, vision, profit sharing and 401(k) with match
- Paid Time Off (“PTO”)
- Paid Holidays
- Profit Sharing
The successful Material Handler candidate will be responsible to safely unload Molten Sulfur and Phosphoric Acid.
- Read, write, and understand English
- Computer skills (light data entry)
- Valid Drivers License
- Ability to learn how to operate and maintain Class 1 Power Units (no CDL required), Railcar/trans loading equipment (e.g., Hoses, portable conveyors, transfer pumps, portable stair systems, small to medium sized equipment, etc.)
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- Savage is a Military Friendly Employer - Previous military experience and proven ability to follow procedures is a plus
Here are some of the physical requirements for this role:
- Physically able to climb up and down rail cars/ladders safely
- Willing to receive general safety training
- Ability to work outside in all weather conditions
- Willing to work with liquid non-hazardous & dry bulk materials
- Can carry at least fifty (50) pounds
- In good physical condition (able to walk one (1) to two (2) miles per shift)
The complete job description is available upon request
Savage has been designated as a Military Friendly Employer.
Savage has been recognized as a Top Company for Women to Work For in Transportation by the Women in Trucking Association
Savage is an Equal Opportunity Employer and maintains a drug free workplace.
California Residents: Job Applicant Privacy Notice
For more information or questions about opportunities at Savage, please contact our Talent Acquisition Team.
- Job Family Skilled Player
- Pay Type Hourly
- Florida, USA
- Lake City, FL, USA