Environmental Science Intern - Summer 2024
Our Vision & Legacy statement outlines the Savage Brothers’ vision for ensuring perpetual success. It includes a commitment to providing opportunities for people “to do things that they never dreamed possible.” This statement is especially significant for our Interns who will have the opportunity to work on real world projects enabling both Savage and themselves to be better tomorrow than they are today.
In this role, the Environmental Intern will work with a variety of Savage operations and environmental programs. The individual will gain an understanding of logistics and a variety of environmental programs and their regulatory requirements. This internship will be full-time in the summer of 2024.
In your first role as the Environmental Intern you will perform valuable work by verifying the level of environmental compliance of each Operation. This will then allow us to help ensure environmental compliance at our Operations.
In your second role, the reference forms/checklists developed and provided to our operations will be valuable compliance tools. Both SH&E Managers and Operation Managers will use the documents as quick reference guides to periodically ensure they are meeting their compliance obligations.
Why being a Savage Intern is Compelling:
- Interns have long-term career potential with possible future opportunities throughout Savage
- Interns are competitively paid
- Interns experience being a part of real-world business solutions
- The opportunity to work with a company founded on principles of honesty, integrity and team member growth
- Career paths open to consistent development and growth
Responsibilities / Job Duties:
The Environmental Intern will support the ongoing process of assessing environmental compliance at our Operations. In this role, the Environmental Intern will:
- Confirm the activities, equipment, commodities handled, and defined scope of work at each Operation;
- Work with the Environmental Director to identify applicable regulatory programs and requirements;
- Work with the Environmental Director to identify and document compliance and permitting gaps for resolution.
- Document findings in compliance software and generate ongoing tasks and reminders to ensure permitting and compliance obligations are met.
- The Environmental Technician will also support preparation of custom environmental checklists/guidance documents from existing templates. The documents will be combined to provide our SH&E Team and Operation Managers with a quick reference guide that outlines general compliance requirements.
- If time permits, develop site-specific compliance guides for use by facility personnel as well as permit-specific requirements for those Operations that have environmental permits.
- Planning and Organizational Skills: the ability to prioritize, plan, and carry critical projects to completion.
- Computer Skills: able to use Microsoft offices and other select software applications.
- Problem Solving: The ability to break down a problem, find a solution, and implement a plan.
- Interpersonal Skills: The ability to communicate clearly and positively with Team Members.
- Multitasking: The ability to shift back and forth between two or more activities or sources of information.
- Working towards a Bachelor’s degree in environmental science or environmental engineering.
- An interest in Regulatory, Industrial or Consulting fields.
The complete job description is available upon request
Savage has been designated as a 2022 Military Friendly Employer.
Savage is an Equal Opportunity Employer and maintains a drug free workplace.
California Residents: Job Applicant Privacy Notice
For more information or questions about opportunities at Savage, please contact our Talent Acquisition Team.
- Job Family Skilled Player
- Pay Type Hourly
- Midvale, UT, USA
- Salt Lake City, UT, USA