Material Handling - Operator Equipment
Savage is currently hiring for a Plant and Field Operator at our location in Oakland, MD. In this role, you will be responsible for safely and professionally operating and maintaining equipment, loading and unloading facilities in order to meet our customer’s needs.
At Savage, we pride ourselves on providing our Team Members with a focus on safety not typically seen in other companies. You will enjoy working in a 5S environment that is safe to work in and free of clutter while receiving top-notch safety training and procedures to ensure that everyone makes it home every night to their loved ones. Hire Right, Train Right, Treat Right…it’s the Savage way.
What you’ll be doing:
- Operate and maintain the following:
- Savage loadout
- Mettiki unloading system
- Mt. Storm unloading system
- New Blending Yard system
- Mt. View loading system
- Perform and record pre-shift inspections
- Maintenance of equipment, loading and unloading facilities
- Follow established guidelines in providing preventative maintenance for all facilities and equipment
- Perform routine and emergency repairs to equipment and facilities
- Coordinate the routine scale maintenance and calibrations
- Maintain the immediate grounds, roadways and facilities with the appropriate snow removal equipment
- Ordering, tracking, and maintaining the inventory of parts needed to operate the facilities
- Maintain the light plants on the refuse pile
- Perform other duties as assigned
What you’ll need:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Skilled in operating various equipment such as a snowplow, loader, backhoe, dozer, bobcat, etc.
- Certified to inspect the facilities (Surface Foreman)
- Willing to attend additional training needed to perform the job
- Logical thinking and possess good troubleshooting skills
- Work in all weather conditions
The complete job description is available upon request
Savage has been designated as a Military Friendly Employer.
Savage has been recognized as a Top Company for Women to Work For in Transportation by the Women in Trucking Association
Savage is an Equal Opportunity Employer and maintains a drug free workplace.
California Residents: Job Applicant Privacy Notice
For more information or questions about opportunities at Savage, please contact our Talent Acquisition Team.
- Job Family Skilled Player
- Pay Type Hourly
- Oakland, MD 21550, USA