These are just a few of the benefits you can expect from working with Savage:
- Opportunities for Growth
- Annual Bonus, Profit Sharing & Paid Time Off
- We provide Uniforms & PPE (laundering included)
- Annual steel toe boot allowance
- Working in the field/leadership role
- Excellent benefits including medical, dental, vision, and 401(k) with match
The Operations Supervisor will provide assistance to the Operations Manager in scheduling, logistics, team member development, customer engagement, and safety practices at Savage’s Texas City Transportation operation, which includes the loading, unloading, and transport of both HAZMAT Molten Sulphur loads and non-Haz Petroleum Coke loads via tractor/trailer units from local refineries to end users.
- Set an example of high integrity and fair treatment of others.
- Effective utilization of the Safety Specialist program as a tool for accomplishing the safety goals of the operation and for developing future leadership.
- Ensure logistics and inventory information is collected, sorted, verified, analyzed, and distributed to key customer contacts in a timely and efficient manner.
- Serve as the primary point-of-contact for customer inquiries and assist with resolving concerns and discrepancies.
- Make necessary, timely adjustments to daily load schedules by managing asset availability, driver headcount, and customer needs.
- Supervise daily customer inventory levels and provide alerts to management and customers if impending problems may occur.
- Demonstrate the highest commitment to “zero occurrences” by assisting the Operations Manager in implementing and leading the Safety, Health and Environmental efforts at the operation.
- Build and maintain strong customer relationships and proactively identify ways to improve efficiency and service.
- Support operations leadership through all phases of the hiring process, including telephone screening, onsite interviews, documentation/paperwork, and onboarding.
- Exhibit leadership qualities with the ability to solve problems and make decisions both individually and in a team environment.
- Responsibilities are not all-inclusive and may change based on the needs of the company
- Ability to work independently in an industrial setting, effectively balancing customer, company and team member needs.
- Ability to delegate and/or involve others where appropriate.
- Understands and is committed to the growth and development of team members, and provides motivation and encouragement to team members to follow his/her example in the areas of safety, health and the environment.
- Effectively communicate on several different levels and with various stakeholders (customers, team members and other managers).
- Ability to interact and work effectively with vendors, always maintaining a high level of integrity.
- Must be a hands-on, hardworking self-starter, with the ability to problem-solve in a fast-paced, changing environment.
- Manage, maintain, and elevate customer relationships.
- Assist with the professionalism & cleanliness of the operation through consistent use of our 5S principles/system.
- Must understand and commit to the Savage System.
- Ability to multi-task in any or all of these areas.
- Willingness to work a rotating schedule (day shift, mid shift, night shift) and be “on call” on scheduled weekends.
- Experience in a trucking/transportation setting (Preferred).
- CDL-A license is a must (may be required to performing driving duties due to operational needs).
- Must have excellent written and oral communication skills.
- General knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures within the transportation industry.
- 4 year degree a plus but not required.
- Knowledge of computers and related hardware/software.
- The candidate should be in good physical condition. Some of the work will be outdoors working alongside field personnel, climbing stairs, ladders and on and off equipment.
The complete job description is available upon request
Savage has been designated as a Military Friendly Employer.
Savage has been recognized as a Top Company for Women to Work For in Transportation by the Women in Trucking Association
Savage is an Equal Opportunity Employer and maintains a drug free workplace.
California Residents: Job Applicant Privacy Notice
For more information or questions about opportunities at Savage, please contact our Talent Acquisition Team.
- Job Family Player Coach
- Pay Type Salary
- Houston, TX, USA
- Texas City, TX, USA
- Texas, USA
- Webster, TX, USA