With more than 77 years of experience in hundreds of locations across North America and internationally, Savage is a trusted partner for safely moving and managing mission-critical materials with worry-free consistency while creating value for our Customers. Savage specializes in rail, truck, and marine transportation, logistics, materials handling, and other industrial and environmental services. We Hire Right, Train Right, and Treat Right, and strive to provide our Team Members with opportunities to do things they never dreamed possible.
Savage Service Corporation’s Business Process Team has two primary objectives. First, we are the support hub for our field team members, acting as a single point of contact for all back-office support. People come to us when they don’t know where to go. Second, we are stewards of data integrity, processing, analyzing, and validating Savage’s financial and operational data. All information flowing between the field and back-office is our responsibility whether it’s keyed by hand or interfaced across systems.
This position will be onsite, working closely with our operations team as well as the Business Process Team which spans North America and covers the full spectrum of business processes across numerous industries.
These are just a few of the benefits you can expect from working with Savage:
- A culture that appreciates our Team Members
- Paid Time Off (“PTO”) and paid holidays
- Profit Sharing
- Excellent benefits including medical, dental, vision, life, disability, 401(k)
- Paid Parental and Uniformed Services leave
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Manage dispatching system data and be cross trained on dispatching processes
- Directly process data such as coding AP, invoicing, initiating system interfaces, etc.
- Manage multiple communication channels between operations and the back-office
- Validate data manually or through automation
- Monitor and reinforce accounting processes and internal controls
- Review income statements to identify timing and posting issues for revenues and expenses
- Interface with teams that are functionally and geographically diverse
- Provide administrative support covering logistics, HR, and financial functions
- Interface directly with customers, provide reports, and ensure rates are adjusted accurately
- Responsibilities are not all inclusive and may change based on the need of the company
What You Need to Be Successful:
- Previous experience in dispatch, trucking, or logistics is a huge plus
- Strong Computer Proficiency (Required)
- Windows File Explorer (Files) – download, manipulate, organize, store, etc.
- Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Excel, etc.)
- Must be computer savvy
- Current professional experience with Microsoft Excel required
- Web browsers
- Ability to learn new software quickly
- Working across multiple screens and open applications
- Strong attention to detail, accuracy, and organization
- Ability to work within a team
- Must be able to ask productive questions, problem solve, and drive solutions
- Time management skills (Ability to prioritize, be proactive, etc.)
- 2 years of professional work experience (Required)
- Previous experience in dispatch, trucking, or logistics (Strongly Preferred)
The complete job description is available upon request
Savage has been designated as a Military Friendly Employer.
Savage has been recognized as a Top Company for Women to Work For in Transportation by the Women in Trucking Association
Savage is an Equal Opportunity Employer and maintains a drug free workplace.
California Residents: Job Applicant Privacy Notice
For more information or questions about opportunities at Savage, please contact our Talent Acquisition Team.
- Job Family Skilled Player
- Pay Type Hourly
- North Salt Lake, UT, USA