Material Handling - Operator Equipment
Savage Services is hiring a Material Handling-Equipment Operator. We pride ourselves on providing our Team Members with a focus on safety not typically seen in other companies. You will enjoy working in a 5S environment that is safe to work in and free of clutter while receiving top-notch safety training and procedures to ensure that everyone makes it home every night to their loved ones. Hire Right, Train Right, Treat Right…it’s the Savage way.
The Material Handling-Equipment Operator will be responsible for safely performing basic tasks required to operate the coal handling system, operate industrial mobile equipment, and perform general maintenance on equipment and facilities at a coal-fired power plant.
Pay Range $22.00 to $28.00 per hour
These are just a few of the benefits you can expect from working with Savage:
- A safety-focused culture that appreciates our Team Members
- Uniforms and laundry service
- Paid Time Off (“PTO”)
- Paid holidays
- Built-in overtime
- Profit Sharing
- Excellent benefits including medical, dental, vision, life, disability, 401(k) matching, Health savings account, Flexible expending account, and parental Leave.
- A Team Member driven safety culture
- A commitment to helping our Team Members do things that they never dreamed possible
What you will be doing:
- Actively participate in Savage’s safety programs.
- Perform daily inspections of equipment for safety and operational deficiencies.
- Perform basic tasks in the operation of the Coal handling system
- Operation of Heavy Industrial Equipment for the purpose of stockpiling coal, maintaining roads, application of dust suppression, etc.
- Execute general maintenance on mobile equipment, conveyor systems, crushers and train unloading systems.
- Must possess a positive, forward-thinking, safety-minded attitude.
- Must be willing to work any shift, including weekends, holidays, and overtime as needed
- Experience in the operation of dozers, front-end loaders, excavators, and other heavy equipment
- Ability to read, write, and understand English, follow written and/or verbal instruction, and possess basic math and computer skills
- Must be able to work with a team, take direction from supervisors(s), adhere to required work schedules, focus attention on details, and follow work rules
- High School or GED
- 5+ years of experience
- Work in an environment containing coal dust, hazardous noise, confined space, and in hot or cold environments
- Work at heights, climbing stairs, and climbing ladders
- Walk on uneven ground up to 3 miles per shift
- Must be able to pass a fit test and pulmonary function test for the purposes of wearing a respirator and recertify annually or as needed
- Lift up to 50 pounds frequently
Job Type: Full-time
The complete job description is available upon request
Savage has been designated as a Military Friendly Employer.
Savage has been recognized as a Top Company for Women to Work For in Transportation by the Women in Trucking Association
Savage is an Equal Opportunity Employer and maintains a drug free workplace.
California Residents: Job Applicant Privacy Notice
For more information or questions about opportunities at Savage, please contact our Talent Acquisition Team.
- Job Family Skilled Player
- Pay Type Hourly
- Pueblo, CO, USA